Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nik (google) Menu in PS-CS5  (Read 2910 times)

ST-EOS

Nik (google) Menu in PS-CS5
« on: May 24, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

I hope you clever people will be able to help me with these questions.

I have LR5.4 and PS-CS5 installed on a Win7 (64bit) PC, with the full suite of the NIK Filters installed. However I now seem to have lost the NIK fly out tool menu panel.  I can see the "NIK Collection" filters if I select the "filter" drop down menu in PS-CS5. Whilst the NIK tool panel was a nuisance, I couldn't seem to get it to dock (if that's the correct term) but..now I've lost it altogether and can't see how to get it back. So that's the background to my problem, now the questions.

Q1 Is it possible to dock the NIK Panel in PS-CS5?
Q2 How do I get the NIK panel back from wherever I have dispatched it to?
Regards
Peter

ST-EOS

Re: Nik (google) Menu in PS-CS5
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:03:39 pm »

Update

Having closed PS-CS5 and reopened it the NIK panel is now back from wherever I sent it to.  So question 2 is answered, easy if you know how  :-[

Question 1 is still a puzzle though, any thoughts on this?
Regards
Peter

ST-EOS

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 06:12:50 am »

I've now found the answer to my remaining question and thought it may be useful for others, here's the answer from the NIK (Google) help pages. So it seem you can't dock the tool panel

Photoshop also offers a separate window for easy access to the plug-ins. This is called the Selective Tool, and it automatically opens when Photoshop opens. If you would like to change this setting so that it does not automatically open, click on the Settings button in the lower left corner of the window. If you close the Selective Tool and then wish to reopen it, navigate to File > Automate > Nik Selective Tool.
Regards
Peter

Simon Garrett

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 06:29:27 am »

Yes, that puzzled me too, until I groped my way to the same answer!

I don't normally want the selective tool showing, as it clutters the desktop and I use menu Filter, Nik Collection... instead.

But having reinstalled Nik recently, I couldn't remember how to make it not start automatically. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up