Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf8300 missing media types after reinstall  (Read 937 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
ipf8300 missing media types after reinstall
« on: May 24, 2014, 11:16:10 am »

Hey all,
   I had to wipe my system and reinstall everything. I'm on OSX Mavericks and after reinstalling when I go to export-ipf plugin I've got all of my reinstalled icc profiles but the media type drop down has only the most basic. I don't even see "Fine Art Watercolor" which is a canon standard and I don't see any of my moab or breathing color paper types. The papers exist in the printer and if I try to re-add them with the media configuration tool it tells me that the version on the printer is newer and it can't be re-added. Nothing was changed on the printer so I'm not sure anything needs re-adding there anyway. How do I get my paper types back into photoshop?
thanks
Mark

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
Re: ipf8300 missing media types after reinstall
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:47 am »

I had this issue when updating to Mavericks.

I took the contents of the MCT folder from my old system (except the actual application), moved them to the new MCT folder, and then ran the MCT application. Going to 'add genuine paper' will update the driver with your old settings.

The way the software works can easily give an impression that you risk wiping your printer settings, but it's smart enough to just update the local stuff

I've written up more about my 10.6 to 10.9 journey (including the 8300 issues) at http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/stuff2/?p=2634
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: ipf8300 missing media types after reinstall
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:18:06 pm »

replaced the media config tool from my cloned before the wipe and it fixed the issue, thanks!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up