Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Leaf Aptus II - 10 DB  (Read 1163 times)

JWGeiger

• Geiger Foto
Issue with Leaf Aptus II - 10 DB
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:45 am »

Hi guy's. I had a strange thing happen to me yesterday.

Gear: Mamiya 645DF, Leaf Aptus II-10, 80mm LS Lens, Large Mamiya Extension Tube (NA403)

I normally shoot tethered (via FW800) to my Mac and everything works as expected. However, yesterday I had a CF card (about 10% full) in the DF with Battery powering the system and untethered. I went to turn on the DB and the little yellow light just kept blinking and the LCD never lit up with the typical home screen that appears. I tried everything from trying to restart the DB, removing and reinserting the CF card and even removing the DB and reattaching it to the DF. None of these things fixed the issue. I then removed the CF card and DB battery and decided to tether up to the Mac like I normally do and everything worked fine.

Anyone have any idea on why the DB won't complete start-up with the CF card but will complete start-up when tethered? Seems strange.

Thanks in advance.
GeigerFoto     |     Workbook

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
Re: Issue with Leaf Aptus II - 10 DB
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:29 am »

Hi JWGieger,

In our experience the issue is nearly always the CF Cards, either faulty or just need re-formatting on a PC or MAC, don't bother formatting using the formatter in the back as this just removes the header data and does not do a full format, so any issues will remain.

Please note that Cards that have been previously used in Canons and Nikons may cause issues due the way they partition the card.

Format the Card on a PC or MAC using the relevant Disk Utility, choose MS-DOS (FAT) as the format type and name the card LEAF-CF

Now using a fresh fully charged battery turn on the back if everything is good you will hear an audible the led will be steady orange and the message insert storage card on the screen.
Insert the CF card again you should hear an audible beep and the led should turn green and the message ready to shoot on the screen.

If everything is good you should now be able to take pictures.

Lawrie
Peartreephoto
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

http://www.peartreephotoshop.co.uk

JWGeiger

• Geiger Foto
Re: Issue with Leaf Aptus II - 10 DB
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:59:48 am »

Thanks. I'll give reformatting the card a go. It's funny… I shoot tethered so often, I actually forgot about card formatting. I did it a while back when I bought the new card, but haven't since thought about it. I appreciate your reply. :)
GeigerFoto     |     Workbook
Pages: [1]   Go Up