Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walmart sues a photographer  (Read 3273 times)

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Walmart sues a photographer
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:13:59 pm »

If you shop at Walmart, you may want to write them a letter of complaint. Or boycott them.

Read about it here.
~ CB

stevebri

Re: Walmart sues a photographer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:15:13 am »

I find this un phookin real.....!

Obviously I don't know how much Ms Huff wants for the copyright, but it's a free economy based on capitalism so she can ask whatever she wants.

Maybe it was a silly high price and maybe that is what irked the Walton's, I have no idea but as owners of Walmart, they more than most should understand a free market economy based on western capitalism.

As a non American living and working (less and less these days) in the states I still find it staggering how nice American citizens are in sharp contrast to how dastardly many American companies can seem to be.

It's not the first time we've seen the 'it's mine, I want it so I'll get my lawyer to get it for me....'

I see no comments on this post, am I to expect a lawsuit too, just for having an opinion...?

I hope not.

S

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »

Maybe it was a silly high price and maybe that is what irked the Walton's, I have no idea but as owners of Walmart, they more than most should understand a free market economy based on western capitalism.

Not really. The Walton heirs comprise 6 of the 10 richest families in America. They didn't do a damn thing to earn their money, they just got it from Daddy. Leeches on society, living high on other people's work, and not beating up on a photographer. If there was even an argument for a stiff inheritance tax, they are it.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:29:52 pm »

Not really. The Walton heirs comprise 6 of the 10 richest families in America. They didn't do a damn thing to earn their money, they just got it from Daddy. Leeches on society, living high on other people's work, and not beating up on a photographer. If there was even an argument for a stiff inheritance tax, they are it.

I understand the frustration, but leeches! Really! If you have a family, to whom are you leaving your estate?
The efforts of my hard work will go to my family.

Peter
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:25:41 pm by petermfiore »
Pages: [1]   Go Up