Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7800 print marks  (Read 955 times)

Onslow

Epson 7800 print marks
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:17:42 pm »

Morning all,
About a month ago I was offered a deal and purchased a low usage 7800 with full tanks and a full set of spare tanks for Au$700. I'm very happy with it. Very few nozzle blocks so far. I have had a few rolls of various papers go through it and am now printing on some Hahnemuehle FineArt Monet Canvas. On the last few prints using the canvas, I have noticed some faint smudges around 4 inches in from the right hand side of the canvas edge. Only a mm or two wide at most but looking along the print in the long axis, you can just see it coming and going but not in a regular pattern like a dirty or inked roller. I suspect possibly a roller? is smudging it on the exit. When I built the profile I used the settings suggested by Hahnemuehle for the canvas. Possibly some settings need tweaking. I have searched for similar issues but no luck. I'm hoping someone here may be able to assist.
Overall, I am very happy with it. I have just bought an i1Photo Pro 2 and have built custom profiles for the printer. Very easy and painless. This faint smudging is the only thing of concern.
Any thoughts or suggestions.
Cheers

Onslow
Pages: [1]   Go Up