Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Galerie - ICC profiles?  (Read 13437 times)

littleillustrator

Ilford Galerie - ICC profiles?
« on: May 20, 2014, 04:14:47 am »

Hello, I am trying to get hold of Ilford Galerie ICC profiles, for Epson R2880. Any suggestions?

Thanks

francois

Re: Ilford Galerie - ICC profiles?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:54:48 am »

Hello, I am trying to get hold of Ilford Galerie ICC profiles, for Epson R2880. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try here: http://singular.myrsphoto.com/ilford-printer-profiles/

Richard Smith kindly hosts some Ilford profiles on his website.
Francois

Andy Barnes

• www.andrewbarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:03:04 am »

Your best bet would be the Ilford website itself: http://www.ilford.com/en/support/printer-profiles/.

You have to register your name and email address in order to access the ICC profiles, but once you have done this you will be able to download Galerie profiles for a range of printers, including the R2880.

francois

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:28:13 am »

Your best bet would be the Ilford website itself: http://www.ilford.com/en/support/printer-profiles/.

You have to register your name and email address in order to access the ICC profiles, but once you have done this you will be able to download Galerie profiles for a range of printers, including the R2880.

The Ilford website doesn't work anymore, you can't register.
Francois

howardm

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:28:07 am »

Right, the whole point to these 'I need Ilford profiles' threads is because when they went out of business, the website's database
(which stupidly required that you register in the first place) went offline so you can't access/download them.

I've seen Pro-100, 3880 and 3800 profiles running around bt not 2880

francois

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:41:33 am »

Right, the whole point to these 'I need Ilford profiles' threads is because when they went out of business, the website's database
(which stupidly required that you register in the first place) went offline so you can't access/download them.

I've seen Pro-100, 3880 and 3800 profiles running around bt not 2880

I'm still surprised that the website is up and partially running.
In the end, littleillustrator might have to resort to custom profiles.
Francois

howardm

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:00:53 am »

they must have paid for the full year of web hosting  :P

francois

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:57 am »

they must have paid for the full year of web hosting  :P

Exactly… There's nothing left from Ilford except the website.
Francois

Andy Barnes

• www.andrewbarnes.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

Sorry about that, I didn't realise that the Ilford web site wasn't accepting new registrations.

When I checked this morning, using my old logon ID, the ICC database was still very much there and it was possible to download profiles. This doesn't help new users though...

Perhaps I could email you the profile you need?

Andy

howardm

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »

if you can log-in and access the profiles, do everyone a favor and grab as many as you can.

Perhaps limit to the most popular canon/epsons  like the 1400, 2880, 3000, 3800, 3880, 4900 and smooth gloss, pearl (both in 310) and GFS

littleillustrator

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 02:39:18 am »

Hi Andy,

If you could that we be great, I would be very appreciative. Yes sorry, I should have explained that I tried to register and it wouldn't allow me to.

I am after:

Ilford-Galerie-Fine-Art-Textured-220gsm
Ilford-Galerie-Fine-Art-Smooth-220gsm
Ilford-Galerie-Gold-Cotton-Textured-330gsm
Ilford-Galerie-Gold-Cotton-Smooth-330gsm\

This is for my Epson R2880

Cheers
Simone

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:41:35 am by littleillustrator »

NeroMetalliko

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 06:24:29 pm »

When I checked this morning, using my old logon ID, the ICC database was still very much there and it was possible to download profiles.

Andy

Hello,

I tried to access the site in this moment and I was able to log in, but after selecting all the various fields (product range, printer manufacturer, model and media type) I got the following error message on screen

Windows / Mac, UltraChrome K3 Vivid magenta   
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Ingres][Ingres II ODBC Driver][Ingres II]Updating operations are disallowed in a READ ONLY transaction or on a READ ONLY Database.
/profiles/inc/functions.asp, line 224

and obviously I was unable to proceed/download anything.

Ciao.
Andrea

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

I have some Epson profiles posted here: http://singular.myrsphoto.com/ilford-printer-profiles/. I have not yet gotten any for your printer but I do have the 3880 and the R 3000. I don't know Epson printers well (I use Canon) but you are welcome to download them if you think they might work.

kuukivi

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 12:12:47 am »

Does anyone know, is there any other difference between Ilford Galerie and Ilford Galerie Prestige than possibly thickness of some of the papers? Can I use the Galerie Prestige ICC's for Epson R3000 with the old Galerie?

I have been using Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl for color and Epson Traditional Photo Paper (below ETPP, I guess this is Exhibition Fiber in American) for b&w. Now I found from a photo printing shop having their rest Ilford papers for sale. I bought Galerie Smooth Pearl (SP) and Gold Fibre Silk (GFS) and did not remember that there is any Galerie Prestige series.

I tried to print on Galerie GFS both using the Prestige GFS profile downloaded from Richard Smith’s web site and the icc of Canson Infinity Baryta paper that was recommended somewhere. The results were very similar, but there was a surprisingly big difference to the same photo printed on ETPP. GFS image seemed to have a green tone and ETPP a magenta one. I had not noticed the magenta before now when I compared it to the new print and it is very hard to say, which one is closer to the perfect grayscale, so this is not really a big problem. It was just surprising and thus a bit irritating to see an effect since I expected Epson R3000 capable to print perfect grayscale. Does anyone have an idea, what might be the reason?

I have a wide gamut monitor software calibrated with a Spyder. I print from Lightroom 4, and let it manage the colors. In Mac, Lightroom automatically disables color controls of the printer driver. Usually I print both toned and neutral b&w on the same sheet - and sometimes color, too. Thus the advanced b&w mode of the printer is out of the question. I use the Nik Collection Lightroom plugins very much, especially Silver Efex Pro 2. I want the use the same process for b&w and color, hence I use the ProPhoto RGB. However, Nik updates automatically without a notice, and an update always changes the external editing settings to sRGB - a very annoying feature! When I tried to solve the color cast problem, I noticed that the external editing settings were again changed to sRGB, but to my understanding, this should not cause any color cast.

I tried to see color casts in my older prints, but they seem to be perfect. The only changes I know are that I recently changed to wide gamut, and that Nik recently changed the settings to sRGB.

I read again the ETPP instructions. I should have disabled the high speed option of R3000, which I did not remember. The recommended media type of the profile was Premium Glossy which was correct. The GFS profile suggested Premium Semigloss and again I followed the instructions.

UrbanJ

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 03:11:34 pm »

Here I have all the "factory" ICC Profiles for all Ilford papers for/who can be used with the Canon PRO 10.

http://bujit.se/ilford-och-canon-pro-10/

Hopes it helps someone.

//Urban
Pages: [1]   Go Up