Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji Rumor  (Read 47666 times)

cyron123

Re: Fuji Rumor
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2016, 12:23:35 pm »

Hello,
in the interview the fuji manager said, they make hasselblad lenses. They make a lot of glass for cinema and TV too. And the prices are very high in this segment. They have a lot of technical know how. I hope they will not start with a fixed lens like the X100 in the 35mm class and after the test they start a changeable lens system.

But it sounds very interessting to me. Hope they make the right move.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2016, 12:44:49 pm »

For some reason I too hope(d) that they would make a MF X100 style camera with fixed lens - but why? Much of the joy of the X100 is its portability which will be lost once MF comes into it. If nothing else the lens will be physically bigger.

The X100 delivers pretty good quality on the whole, would I need the extra from MF. No. Would I like it, well probably I would. And I think I could persuade myself that the various good bits were a real improvement.

But my pocket will not be deep enough financially nor physically to accept an MF X100 as I can my current real X100. Sigh.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »

Based on the latest rumor over on Fujirumors, it might not be as close as photokina. 

They now have a pollup, which has received quite a bit of attention.  The vast majority of voters want a MF Fuji for 3K or under. (good luck), and when you consider that the X-Pro 2 is listing at around 1.8K, I personally can't see that happening. 

But I guess anything is possible.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 06:06:52 pm »

The vast majority of voters want a MF Fuji for 3K or under. (good luck), and when you consider that the X-Pro 2 is listing at around 1.8K, I personally can't see that happening. 

Funny, that's 60% of the price of a Phase One 80mm f2.8. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

SZRitter

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 06:10:11 pm »

Based on the latest rumor over on Fujirumors, it might not be as close as photokina. 

They now have a pollup, which has received quite a bit of attention.  The vast majority of voters want a MF Fuji for 3K or under. (good luck), and when you consider that the X-Pro 2 is listing at around 1.8K, I personally can't see that happening. 

But I guess anything is possible.

Paul C

The only way I would see it is if they got a good deal on leftover chips from the Pentax 645D, expected some sort of miracle in sales, or took a loss/no profit on the bodies to sell the glass at a bit more mark-up. My guess, if they do it, expect a price just a bit higher than the 645Z.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:23 pm »

Only time will tell, however, they might do well with a MF kit, as they have a lot of glass already, unlike 35mm which would be all new (full frame 35mm).

I would much rather Fuji invest in a better raw converter to take full advantage of their files, I realize that Iridient and other software can do a lot, but LR/Adobe is the main stream path and right now the conversions are lacking IMO, quite a lot.  I am still wondering just what the raws from the new 24MP chip will look like.

Paul C
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:23:30 pm by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

araucaria

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2016, 08:27:24 pm »

You can buy a fuji digital medium format camera already
http://www.yaotomi.co.jp/products/detail/16467

Miyata610

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 08:43:34 pm »

You can buy a fuji digital medium format camera already
http://www.yaotomi.co.jp/products/detail/16467

That was the rebadged H1.

Ken R

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2016, 01:58:02 am »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2016, 02:12:59 am »

Hi Paul,

It seems that those new CMOS backs are quite resistant to aliasing. Not that large pixels and combined with gapless micro lenses.

So I would guess that if Fuji decided to go MF they would return to the Bayer pattern.

Best regards
Erik

Only time will tell, however, they might do well with a MF kit, as they have a lot of glass already, unlike 35mm which would be all new (full frame 35mm).

I would much rather Fuji invest in a better raw converter to take full advantage of their files, I realize that Iridient and other software can do a lot, but LR/Adobe is the main stream path and right now the conversions are lacking IMO, quite a lot.  I am still wondering just what the raws from the new 24MP chip will look like.

Paul C
Erik Kaffehr

wallpaperviking

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:29 am »

I agree with chrismuc and would love to see the rumoured Fuji MF essentially become like a "Mini FPS" :)

I wonder how likely this would be considering that all the past "compact" medium format film cameras all had leaf shutters incorporated into the lenses....

One can hope though! :)

drevil

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2016, 04:56:39 am »

sony fuji 645 camera with revised kyocera Contax 645 mount that takes the old lenses, but also offers new designs.

i would sell both my kidneys for that

narikin

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:39 am »

... very few are  ;D

Is that a custom or prototype FPS>Mamiya 7 mount? Interesting.
The FPS really has amazing possibilities as a body, shame those adapters are so spendy!

rdonson

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »

If this came with a 50 MP digital sensor I think I'd pony up $3K for it.  I had similar cameras in the day and they produced some excellent results.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/678957-REG/Fujifilm_16019089_GF670_Rangefinder_Folding_Camera.html
Regards,
Ron
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up