Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how can I dowload digital solution software 29.0A for windows  (Read 3172 times)

Herb Fabry

I still use a Canon 5D mark1. my old XP computer died and I now have a two year old windows 7  computer. The 5D software was designed up to XP and no further. I would like to experiment by downloading the newer EOS digital solution software used for the 5D mark3 to try using it's DPP digital photo professional to process and view the RAW CR2. The newer image browser EX would be nice to. I would try to take a (RAW+ Jpeg) shot ,full CF card out of my 5D and copy and open it's content in the newer DPP used for the Mark3 on the windows 7 computer. I went to the Canon site to try downloading EOS digital solution software 29.0A for window; file name  ksd 290a_instaler.zip , but it asks me to submit a valid product serial no. of the 5D mark3. How do I get a usefull serial number, or is there an other way I can download the newer solution software? I can not afford a new camera now. Any HELP is apprecaited

degrub

Re: how can I dowload digital solution software 29.0A for windows
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:13:40 pm »

If you have win7 pro, you may be able to get the old software to run in xp compatibility mode.
Frank

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:13:52 pm »

How do I get a usefull serial number, or is there an other way I can download the newer solution software? I can not afford a new camera now. Any HELP is apprecaited

Hi Herb,

You could try this: http://www.canon5dtips.com/photo-and-camera-software/how-to-install-eos-utility-if-you-lost-the-disk/

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Herb Fabry

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 10:18:57 am »

I only have windows 7 home premium

Herb Fabry

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

It seem I still need a serial no. for any of the current download of this software, my camera is now a brick for RAW shot images, only Jpeg will copy to my windows 7 computer.

degrub

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 01:58:55 pm »

Depending on how the old xp computer died, you may be able to take the system disk and put it in a usb enclosure and boot from it with your newer system. Just set the boot order in bios to look for usb devices first.

Otherwise, talk with canon or post on dpreview or fredmiranda to see if anyone has run the old version in xp mode on win7.

Frank

Steve House

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 07:51:30 pm »

Have you considered a 3rd party RAW converter?  Adobe Lightroom comes immediately to mind.  Other candidates might include ACDSee Pro, DxO, and there are others as well.  As far as I know, if you use Adobe Photoshop your camera should be supported in Adobe Camera Raw.  There are many options other than Canon's proprietary software.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:53:31 pm by Steve House »

Herb Fabry

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »

I have found an easy solution; after I called canon tech support ,they said any 12 digit number can be used as the serial number. I then successfully downloaded digital solution software 29.0A into my windows7 computer. My camera is no longer a brick, as I now have DPP for the RAW CR2 files, plus Canons Image Browser EX. For now this is good enough. Eventually I'll get a newer camera plus splurge money onto lightroom & photoshop, or some future software. Thanks for your thoughts on helping me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up