Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not "The Bridge Over the River Kwai," but nonetheless, a pretty nice bridge.  (Read 1509 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed

Did it in conjunction with the second shot, an older movie showing at a renovated Art Deco community theater,
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings

Took me a second to figure out the first one. Well done!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

sdwilsonsct

Good one!

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging

The bridge photo is spectacular.  Well done!
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com

#1 is really good.

francois

Love the first photo, great lines.
Bravo
Francois

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed

Thanks, all. There is a bit of a side story to the making of these images. My father's boyhood friend was one of the thousands of victims from the infamous Death March at Bataan. He was really quite pained by Frank's death and while he didn't really hold great animosity toward the Japanese (anymore than he did the Germans) immediately following the cessation of hostilities, years later he watched a documentary film on the march, the footage taken from Japanese soldiers and one of the men killed along the way seemingly only for lagging a bit behind the man in front of him, was my father's friend. He was beheaded, badly botched job of it and all. I know from that day forward, until he died he wouldn't have any doing's which involved anyone of Japanese descent. I never was able to take a side with him and though he knew one of my best friends was Nisei, she was never allowed into the house when he was home. Seeing the marquee brought back some interesting memories. Strange how things affect people. I guess.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Roger S.

Wow! What a picture (the first one). I did not know one can do that!!! I have also read a book on that terrible death march where I think 25000 lives perished. The Japanese Imperial Army was really something else but let's not get there though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up