Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H -> Mamiya 645 Adaptor  (Read 2378 times)

PWS

Hasselblad H -> Mamiya 645 Adaptor
« on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

Hey guys,

i have some real nice old Mamiya gems here & now i'm curious if there's a
chance to use them on my h4d-60. I'm aware that it won't support any autofocus etc.
just want to use it like on a P1/DF+ body.

So far i did not find any adaptor... perhaps there's a way to get a custom made one?!?

cheers!

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Hasselblad H -> Mamiya 645 Adaptor
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »

chance to use them on my h4d-60. I'm aware that it won't support any autofocus etc.

So far i did not find any adaptor... perhaps there's a way to get a custom made one?!?

Mamyia flange distance is 63.3mm
Hasselblad H flange distance is 61.63 mm

Not much room to play with...

Jim

PWS

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:58:03 pm »

okay... so there's no way to get this done, right?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »

okay... so there's no way to get this done, right?

Maybe there's a way to get more room. Does the adapted lens need to focus to infinity?

Jim

bpepz

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

Hey guys,

cheers!

Sorry to rain on your parade, even if you get the flange distance thing corrected, there is one huge obstacle still in your way. The shutter. The H bodies do not have shutters built into them, only the lenses. You would have literally no way of using your shutterless mamiya glass on it. It may actually be more feasible to figure out a way to mount you back on m645 body.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

Sorry to rain on your parade, even if you get the flange distance thing corrected, there is one huge obstacle still in your way. The shutter. The H bodies do not have shutters built into them, only the lenses. You would have literally no way of using your shutterless mamiya glass on it. It may actually be more feasible to figure out a way to mount you back on m645 body.

Good point. There were a few leaf shutter Mamyia lenses, weren't there? 55mm f/2.8 N, 80mm f/2.8 N, 150mm f/3.8 N, 70mm f/2.8 C L/S ?  But how are we going to get the adapter to allow tripping of the shutter? How does it get wound? Arg.

Jim

bpepz

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:42 am »

Good point. There were a few leaf shutter Mamyia lenses, weren't there? 55mm f/2.8 N, 80mm f/2.8 N, 150mm f/3.8 N, 70mm f/2.8 C L/S ?  But how are we going to get the adapter to allow tripping of the shutter? How does it get wound? Arg.

Jim

Hmmm, that could work..... there is a Hasselblad V adapter for H mount, so there has to be some way of doing this. The V lenses have their own shutter. It would get down to whether the integration of that adapter is purely mechanical, or has some electrical components to trigger the shutter. I think the main problem is I am not sure how the H body would react not having a lens on it, would the mirror even raise? Something you could do, is if those m645 lenses can be triggered via a cable or release, set a long exposure on the h3d, like 1 sec, and if you can indeed fire the h3d body, is fire it and press the release for the lens in between. It would be a really inconvenient way of doing it.. but could be possible if you are dead set on it.

However, the ideal situation would to be able to have the lens  trigger the hasselblad.  Like, if it had a  flash/sync port on the lens, you could put a cord in it and into the remote release port on the h3d body. I am guessing, when you activate the shutter on the lens, which I am not sure how you would do, it would trigger h3d body to expose just like a cable release would.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:18:05 am by bpepz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up