Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyword List behaviour  (Read 816 times)

dieter268

Keyword List behaviour
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »

Hello!

I'm running LR 5.4 under Win7 64-bit.
I use a hierarchical Keyword List and I found the following:
Under "Plants - Trees"  I had a entry "Willow blossoms" and now decided I should have that under "Willow".
So I have created a entry "Willow" under "Trees" and draged ad dropped "Willow blossoms" to it (in Keyword List).
So, the original structure was "Plants - Trees - Willow blossoms" ,
and the new is "Plants - Trees - Willow - Willow blossoms" .
(I use the german names in my actual list, just have translated it roughly as the post is in english, so please forgive any botanical (and even linguistic ;) ) incorrectness)
My understanding of how a hierarchical keyword list works is that all pictures with "Willow blossoms" should now have "Willow", too, as keyword after the moving I did.
But just one image (the one that was selected) has got the "Willow" keyword, the others didn't.
And if no image would have been selected, no image would have had the keyword.

Do I have the wrong understanding of it, did I do something wrong or is it a bug ?
(I do know how to get the correct keywords to my images in such case, but to my understanding it should happen automatically)

Thanks a lot!

Dieter    

Addendum: Non of the keywords is pivate
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:23:16 pm by dieter268 »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Keyword List behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:30:11 pm »

Are you using the Will Export option of the keyword tags to see what keywords are attached?  If you are using the Enter Keywords option, only those explicitly entered show, but those in the hierarchy should show using one of the other options, I prefer using the Will Export.

You may also want to right click on the keywords up the hierarchy, select edit, and make sure they are set to export.

dieter268

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »

Wayne, sorry, I did not describe the problem accurately enough.
I have set the option in Keywording to Keywords & Containing Keywords.
In Keywording it shows the "Willow" keyword, but in Keyword List it doesn't (meaning the counter after "Willow" does not show the correct number of images with that keyword).
I have tried to write the metadata to the files, no change.

Dieter

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »

At the top of the Keyword List is a little filter box. Enter Willow in this box, and I think you'll see the keyword is in more places than you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up