Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is he taking this?  (Read 875 times)

KMRennie

Why is he taking this?
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:47:33 pm »

From the Hebrides in Scotland.
Came across the photographing framing his shot, I put the tripod down and shot this. After he left and half an hour later I didn't get a better shot than this. Perhaps I have perfected the best landscape technique- see the shot, plonk the tripod down, shoot it before it changes. Perhaps the PP is a little OTT. Any comments?
Ken

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Why is he taking this?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:18:07 pm »

You should have bought the guy a beer for wearing such a compositionally and color-wise useful jacket ;)

francois

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:49:37 am »

Very nice and it could also be used as an outdoors clothing/equipment company ad.
Francois

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:49:16 pm »

Perhaps I have perfected the best landscape technique- see the shot, plonk the tripod down, shoot it before it changes.

Couldn't agree more and it is a testament to your practiced eye.

I often find that my first view/set-up at a given location is my best. I used to think that it was simply because that's what I first saw - it was the "fresh" view and "fell in love with". But I've come to realize (after years of feedback) that it is more a reflection of knowing what I want and my brain working in the background drawing me to just the right location almost without thinking. It doesn't always work, but it happens frequently enough. Even still, I don't always trust it and will always endeavour to find an even stronger composition.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up