Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 set up  (Read 766 times)

larkis

• My photography blog
Epson 9900 set up
« on: May 12, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »

Does anyone have one of those printers set up on a second level of a townhouse ? How many people does it take to set one of those printers up, and are there any companies in toronto that ship+ install the unit in one go ?

How much bigger and heavier is it from the 9800 ?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Epson 9900 set up
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:12:52 am »

It's definitely heavier and more difficult to maneuver than a 9800. The 9900 really needs 4 separate hand holds (which is really too far apart for less than 4 people when moving). Once you have the base setup, it only really takes two people lifting and one person positioning the printer on the stand.

Also note that depending on where you get it, the odds are it'll come freight on a crate with pallet that needs either a forklift or package mover (a hand operated forklift).

You should definitely require a delivery truck with a lift gate...the first printer I got from Epson was an Epson 10000 that was delivered by semi-truck with no lift gate...3 big guys (and a small woman) was able to wrangle the printer out of the semi but just barely...we really, almost dropped it!!!

Please, don't underestimate the project. More people is better...hopefully your dealer can help explain some of the difficulties...

Oh, and getting this up on the second floors is gonna be a choreā€“I seriously hope that the stairwell isn't too small for the printer to make the corners.

Not trying to freak you out, just trying to warn you.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:49:49 am »

+1.

When mine arrived the movers sent 2 men. They immediately called for 2 more. They ended up moving in with 3. The 9900 has a smooth bottom nothing to grip. The older Epson's did have a kind hand grip.

If you are needing to get it vertical then you may need 4 men.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50:01 am »

The 9900 is a "4 pallbearer" printer. It took two to roll and load it into the back of my 4Runner when I bought it.

It took four to pack it down the steps into my studio. Since my studio is on a landing between the house and the street, there was a 90-degree bend to swing it to get it in the door.

The 9800 was much, much easier...
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »

We moved mine in with three... but a fourth would have been so much easier.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up