Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor problem: EOS 1D X Custom File naming  (Read 734 times)

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Minor problem: EOS 1D X Custom File naming
« on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:40 am »

Hi,

The 1D X has the ppossibility to mke a custom file name.

So that was one of the first things I made but encountered then a problem ...

It does not respect the naming-

For example i keyde in ABCD in cusotmer setting one adn when I started shooting the name on the card appeared as _BC_

So it ignored the first and last letter and according to the manual I am able to use 4 letter or numbers in Setting 1

¿ Anybody had the same ? or did i do something wrong. I read the whole chapter file naming and did it like it is explained in there ¿?

Thank for any tip
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Minor problem: EOS 1D X Custom File naming
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 03:35:41 am »

Hi,

The 1D X has the ppossibility to mke a custom file name.

So that was one of the first things I made but encountered then a problem ...

It does not respect the naming-

For example i keyde in ABCD in cusotmer setting one adn when I started shooting the name on the card appeared as _BC_

So it ignored the first and last letter and according to the manual I am able to use 4 letter or numbers in Setting 1

¿ Anybody had the same ? or did i do something wrong. I read the whole chapter file naming and did it like it is explained in there ¿?

Hi,

The first character is usually changed to an underscore when you set the Adobe RGB colorspace for your JPEGs. I don't have the 1DX, but I'm sure it is also mentioned somewhere in the manual why the fourth character changed.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. According to the User Manual, page 157: When you shoot a movie with User setting2, the file name's fourth character will be an underscore "_".
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:48:50 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Re: Minor problem: EOS 1D X Custom File naming
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »

Hi Bart,

Thank you very much. There is nothing mentioned in the 435 page User manual so far or I have not got to thtat specific page yet  ;D

One hopes that putting in 4 letters the files will be named like that, but at the endeffect the software does make whatever it wants ...

OK, will then try to fiddle out a system that fits my thinking  ???

Bart, again thanks
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up