Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 9500 mark II: does not load paper  (Read 984 times)

The View

Canon 9500 mark II: does not load paper
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »

I printed a portfolio book with Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss 11x17. Every sheet loaded well.

Now I switched to Hahnemuehle Baryta Glossy fine art 11x17 . Out of 15 attempts I only managed 2 prints.

What mostly happens:

1. Either the mechanism can't grab the paper at all, and I get an immediate paper jam message.

2. Or it grabs it a bit, but not enough. The print head starts moving left to right, but the paper doesn't move, and after a while the print head stops, and I get the paper jam message.

I have printed before on Hahnemuehle Baryta, but on 8x11.

What could be the reason that the printer can't load the paper?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

dgillilan

Re: Canon 9500 mark II: does not load paper
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:34:27 pm »

Are you sure that you are loading that paper in the proper slot? I have a Pro-1 and there is a rear feed slot and another slot that is more toward the front.  Perhaps you are loading in the slot that is not meant for 11x17 paper?
Debra

The View

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »

I'm using the rear slot, where the paper sits upright.

I just read this in the pfd manual:

"Printing cannot be done from the Rear Tray if the paper is too heavy. Check the paper's package for information on its weight. If it is more than 200 gsm (53 lb), load it in the Front Tray."

Interesting the printer had no problem with printing on the Ilford Galery that is 310 gsm, or on the smaller Hahnemuehle baryta.

Looks like, when manuals are not printed, you tend to not read them...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:41:40 pm by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

alanwarp

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:52:19 am »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to add that I've had the same issue with Hahnemühle Photo Rag Pearl 11x17 and my Canon 9500 mkII.

I've found that another quick fix is to curl the paper back to lessen the curl it develops in the box.  I think it's more the curl at that paper size than the thickness that causes the paper not to load.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up