Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf 6400 ink low warning, how long till really out  (Read 637 times)

dgillilan

ipf 6400 ink low warning, how long till really out
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:26:34 pm »

Hello,
I have enjoyed using my ipf 6400 printer since June.  I now have 9 cartridges that show up with exclamation points of low on ink. I have six of the nine new replacement cartridges ready and in stock here at home.
How much ink do you guys really think is left there(guess as to ml, from starter carts), I do plan to wait till it refuses to print to put in a new one.  I guess I need to order the other 3 that are low. Can I put them in one at a time, as it "demands" that ink cart to be replaced or do  you advise put all 9 in at one time(that show exclamation low icons).
Any advice ?
Thanks, Debra

Robcat

Re: ipf 6400 ink low warning, how long till really out
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

well, I have an 8300 and I can get a fair number of moderate size (say 13 x 19) after the warning, and have had no problem letting it go till you get the red X. Definitely have refills on hand for all the ones that are warning you. If you've got more than 1 warning on, and one goes dry, I've found that changing tanks will often drain some of the others---after recharging the lines, ones that were "warning" are now "empty" without having done a print.

dgillilan

Re: ipf 6400 ink low warning, how long till really out
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 08:43:49 am »

Thanks Rob, I appreciate the reply and I'll follow up and be ready with all that are low,
Debra
Pages: [1]   Go Up