Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make an adjustment to a file and apply it to all the other files?  (Read 1315 times)

Dinarius

Hi,

Let's say I have edited each file in a folder of images individually and I now want to apply an adjustment (e.g. Luminance Noise Reduction) that I have made to one file globally to all the other files, without affecting their other adjustments. How do I do this?

Put it another way, how do I apply one or more adjustments from one file to all the other files in the folder, while preserving their other settings?

In Adobe Camera Raw, I would simply highlight all the files and make the Luminance (or whatever) adjustment. It would apply itself to all the other files without imposing the other adjustments of the main image on the screen.

How does one do this in LR?

Thanks.

D.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site

Sync.

Select all the relevant files. Make sure the one to which you've applied the edits is the "most selected". Click the sync button. In the resulting dialog, check only those settings you want to synchronise. Click OK (or Sync: I don't recall).

Bingo.

Jeremy

john beardsworth

• My photography site

I prefer to work with Auto Sync switched on all the time (button at bottom right of Develop). So if I apply any adjustment, it automatically applies to all the images I've selected. It's the quickest way to work.

If I only want an adjustment to apply to a single image, then I just ensure I've only one image selected.

John

Manoli

I prefer to work with Auto Sync switched on all the time (button at bottom right of Develop)..

Which 'button at bottom right' ? I don't see one in my version of Lr (5.4)
I thought the only way was via the menu, Settings>Enable Auto Sync.

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Sorry, it's the Sync button at the bottom of Develop's right hand panel. It now has a little switch (in the past you needed to Alt/Option click it). The other great change in LR5 is that Auto Sync now includes local adjustments too.

I don't recommend continually changing between Sync mode and AutoSync mode - you really don't want to be unsure whether your adjustments will apply to one or all the selected images. So I generally tell people to get into AutoSync mode and to stay that way. You'll make the odd mistake and apply adjustments to a number of pictures when you only intended to apply them to one - but you soon learn.

John
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:41:45 am by john beardsworth »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings

D. - this might be of use to you: Batch Processing in Lightroom

Mike.

If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up