Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing A2 on Epson 4800  (Read 1035 times)

Emilmedia

• Emilmedia.se
Printing A2 on Epson 4800
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:53:20 am »

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my 4800. I print from photoshop and when i want to print on A2 paper it prints it as the default page size in OSX wich is A3. Not the size i chose in photoshop. So the image is printed on just a small part of the paper. And i cant change it to A2. Been trying to google the issue but i find this;
Choose a paper size from the “Default paper size” pop-up menu.
You can print a document to any printer that supports that paper size.

To format an individual document fit to a different paper size without changing your default setting, use the Paper Size pop-up menu in either the Page Setup or Print dialog.

But i cant do that because there is no default paper size pop-up menue?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:12:26 am by Emilmedia »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Printing A2 on Epson 4800
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:37:26 am »

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my 4800. I print from photoshop and when i want to print on A2 paper it prints it as the default page size in OSX wich is A3. Not the size i chose in photoshop. So the image is printed on just a small part of the paper. And i cant change it to A2. Been trying to google the issue but i find this;

To format an individual document fit to a different paper size without changing your default setting, use the Paper Size pop-up menu in either the Page Setup or Print dialog.

The default paper size if you really wanna go there is probably chosen in the "System Preferences" > Printer panel.

But you shouldn't go there.  Depending on your app you may need to click around the Print dialog and go to the print settings and find the paper size there.

Last, not least, if you have serious issues with the paper size etc, and strange printer behavior, it might be a good idea to "reset the print system". It is also a good idea to setup an Epson as the default printer on the system. Google those phrases to figure out how to do that.

And before you ask your question again, figure out which OS X *version* you have, what software *version* you want to print from and repost in the printing forum.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

bcooter

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:58:50 am »

I've had the same issue with both my 4800's, my 9600 and my newest epson the 7900.  Any mac system past snow leopard seems to be a problem and not every snow leopard machine running the same epson drivers seem to work.

It's such a drag that I dedicated an older macbook pro that always works with every epson driver and use it as a print server.  It's not the most elegant system, but it works.

IMO

BC

P.S.  I always had a believe that some epson engineer walked into the big guys office and said, "hey I got this print driver thing figured out"  and the big guy said, "are you bat s__t crazy?   We make an extra 200 million in ink and paper off these screwy drivers".

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 07:38:52 am »

I've had the same issue with both my 4800's, my 9600 and my newest epson the 7900.  Any mac system past snow leopard seems to be a problem and not every snow leopard machine running the same epson drivers seem to work.

It's such a drag that I dedicated an older macbook pro that always works with every epson driver and use it as a print server.  It's not the most elegant system, but it works.

IMO

BC

P.S.  I always had a believe that some epson engineer walked into the big guys office and said, "hey I got this print driver thing figured out"  and the big guy said, "are you bat s__t crazy?   We make an extra 200 million in ink and paper off these screwy drivers".

Yes, I too have a dedicated 10.6.8 system that can print. But you really need to know which version of PS you are using, and what specific bugs it will evidence with the printer. Printing has gone bonkers over the past years. Every version I've seen has its surprises. The funniest was CS5 which would  mis-register the settings and print differently from the settings. Which incidentally meant that the first batch of prints made was always subtly wrong - and if that was a profile print you were scr*wed because you now would have a bad profile.

One essential thing to do is once things work you take screenshots of all dialogs and save them on the desktop so you can find your way back to the settings that work.

Michael once reprinted one of my blog articles about debugging printing. It is fairly terse -read geeky short-  but may help people escape the print bug maze. Unfortunately it probably won't help the OP.

Edmund

PS. Dear Epson, if you paid me, I would be delighted to help you improve your user interface, specify user test processes, and document the existing functionality.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:53:09 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up