Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunrise in Wadi Rum  (Read 713 times)

Ido Scharf

Sunrise in Wadi Rum
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »

Sunrise in Wadi Rum by ido.scharf, on Flickr

Didn't manage to upload it as an attachment, despite compressing and resizing as needed, so I used Flickr.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:56:18 pm by Ido Scharf »

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Sunrise in Wadi Rum
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:07:55 pm »

I think that this is a lovely picture, the light is great and I like the foreground too.

I would have preferred to have a little more space, particularly on the left and a bit more sky. It feels a little cramped.

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Ido Scharf

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »

I think that this is a lovely picture, the light is great and I like the foreground too.

I would have preferred to have a little more space, particularly on the left and a bit more sky. It feels a little cramped.

William
Thanks  ;D
As I was standing there and looked for a composition, I just felt like the sky was too boring to justify putting more of it in the photo. And if I remember correctly, there was a distracting element on the left that I chose not to include in the photo, so that was a tradeoff.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:41:22 pm »

Lovely light and quite an exciting place to be photographing (cue Maurice Jarre).

I can' they'll but think, though, how two-dimensional the scene appears when we are looking at an immense area of land. It needs some layers - shadows, undulations - something to give it the three-dimensionality this huge space deserves.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Ido Scharf

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:59:29 am »

Lovely light and quite an exciting place to be photographing (cue Maurice Jarre).

I can' they'll but think, though, how two-dimensional the scene appears when we are looking at an immense area of land. It needs some layers - shadows, undulations - something to give it the three-dimensionality this huge space deserves.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure to look for it the next time I get to photograph a great scene.
Pages: [1]   Go Up