Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medium format technique, tips and tricks.  (Read 2085 times)

Monkey Magic

Medium format technique, tips and tricks.
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:01:58 pm »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I have been involved in photography for about a while now, however I have a question.

I own a Contax 645 and a Bronica ETRSi and have a polaroid backs for both, how do I cheat, to get two exposures on my polaroid film?  I use Fujifilm FP 100C and I'm sure you can get two 6x4.5 images onto one polaroid print, I just haven't worked out how.

I ask this question as I remember years ago, a professional fashion photographer I assisted for a week, telling/showing me how he got two images onto his polaroid print using a 6x6 Hasselblad.  He cheated by sliding something out part of the way and then taking another shot.  Only problem is, it was ages ago when I was told this and I was young enough to not care too much about it, as I was still new to photography.  Only difference now is that I do care, because Fujifilm FP 100C costs a lot of money now. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated in solving this.

Monkey Magic

Re: Medium format technique, tips and tricks.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:03:12 pm »

Here's one tip I've found

Polaroid Tip: Get a Negative from your Fujifilm FP-100c Film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpCOoNh6evE

That's one I'm going to try out.

Anyone else????

jerome_m

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »

Polaroid Tip: Get a Negative from your Fujifilm FP-100c Film!

I would suggest that caustic soda (NaOH, sodium hydroxide) is probably the effective ingredient in the toilet cleaning product shown in the video. I would think that it is worth a try, you would avoid colour shifts.

Please wear eye protection when playing with such products.

Monkey Magic

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:24:31 pm »

@ jerome_m

Isn't caustic soda dangerous?

jerome_m

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 01:24:52 am »

Yes, but toilet cleaning stuff (which contains a sizeable amount of it) or bleach is dangerous as well. And don't ask about film developer.

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »

You used to be able on the old NPC/Forscher/Polaroid backs for 35mm they had a nylon strap that you slide between your fingers as you pulled out the white film tab; when they were of equal length by pulling then you were ready to take a second exposure on the same sheet of film.
It would be a trial and error to find that sweet spot of pulling the tab but I don't think it would work on either body as they both are oriented horizontal to the film travel.

Good luck if you plan on trying though, hope you don't waste too much.
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up