Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many refills per Canon CLI-8 carts?  (Read 508 times)

Some Guy

How many refills per Canon CLI-8 carts?
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »

I was about ready to throw out my Canon 9000 II printer due to some black ink smearing issues.  Wouldn't print a smooth black box well at all without smearing and often runny or muddy looking.  Even tried a new print head too.

Went out and bought a new set of ink carts.  Wow!  What a difference they made.  dMax is back to a very dark black.  No smearing either.  No bronzing.  It's like a whole new printer again!   :)

Only thing I can think of are two possible issues:  Either the "air maze" or vent at the top of the cartridges gets plugged and no ink exits the exit port into the head, or the sponges at the exit port are possibly plugged due to excessive amounts of refills I've subjected the carts too so little ink flows out when needed.

So maybe these things do have a life expectancy?  But how long and for how many refills?

I have had some refuse to accept a reset from the cart resetter tool that the printer liked, and those got chucked into the trash.  But the low-flow carts seem to be piling up.

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up