Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Swiss M Line 2 Movements  (Read 929 times)

JoeKitchen

Arca Swiss M Line 2 Movements
« on: May 03, 2014, 11:48:26 pm »

So I have been fooling around with furniture photography lately with my new 90mm lens.  The lens is great and super sharp, however I have found the RM3Di is somewhat limiting with movements for furniture photography.  (Not to mention I am starting to realize the 135mm or 150mm would be the better lenses for this type of work.)  What is the shift available on the M Line 2? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Frederic_H

• www.fredericharster.com
Re: Arca Swiss M Line 2 Movements
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:04:12 am »

It's +/-35mm on both axis, however you can also do indirect shifts, so the real limit would be the bellows and lens image circle

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:23:31 pm »

That's 35mm in every direction!  Also, Fred, if you're referring to the technique of rotating the camera, then swinging both standards back parallel to increase shift movement, you can't do that on the M2 as there are no swings/tilts on the rear standard.

And yeah, Joe... all my furniture work is on the 90 or 135... the 180 if I can get a big enough studio ;)

Frederic_H

• www.fredericharster.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

My bad, our version had orbix tilts on the front and rear standards (basically 2 front standards), which apparently is not the default configuration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up