Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 Fan speed?  (Read 1761 times)

jtmiller

Z3200 Fan speed?
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

We just got our first wide format printer, a Z3200ps, and are putting it through its initial paces.

One thing I've noticed is that the fan speed stays the same whether it is actively printing or "asleep" with the front panel power button RED and the display off.

The only time the fan speed reduces is when it is turned fully off by pressing the front panel power button.

Even then the fan just drops to a lower speed.

The fan doesn't fully turn off until the power is removed from the unit by the back panel switch.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Jim

Chris233

Z3200 Fan speed?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:40:59 pm »

idk if it's normal, one of the facilities I worked had two 3200's and the fans ran a lot as well. Sounded like an Amtrak with both going.  What bothered me most about that machine was it cooled down so fast between jobs. If there was any delay between prints, it took nearly 10mins to get back to temp.  Asked one of the techs who serviced the machine if we can delay the timer to 5mins before cool down, he said no but I know he's just in a hurry to get over with the repair. Anyway I still have the field tech repair guide if you want. It's got a lot of useful info regarding tweaking the calibrations, and the vertical banding adjustment is really intuitive with that machine. It may also have the answers to your fan speed questions if it's a fault. They're workhorses you should get a lot of life out of it.

Chris233

Z3200 Fan speed?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »

sorry! Just checked, I was referring to the 25500 :( totally different animal

namartinnz

Re: Z3200 Fan speed?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:48:18 pm »

That's normal for the Z3200 - I don't think there's any way to adjust the setting unless you want to open it up and tinker with it

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:19:18 am »

I have a Z3100, and the fan is nearly always on. One drawback of always being on is the fan gets dirty. Not just in the fan blades, but inside the motor. If it gets dirty enough, the fan can make a noise. Like a Rrrr Rrrr sound. It can also cause the power supply to overheat and produce an error message on the front panel LCD display requiring a poweroff-restart. That happened to me. So I opened up the printer and removed the power supply and lubricated the fan pole.

It lasted six months before it started doing the same thing. My room gets dusty, so - it just seems to suck it all in the power supply.

It took me an hour or two the first time, to open up the printer, lubricate the fan, and put it all back together.

I should like to find a hermetically sealed fan so I can avoid opening the printer a third time, because my fan occasionally starts acting up again.

I've been putting it off. I'm a great procrastinator.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:18:10 am »

Replaced the Z3200PS fan soms weeks ago with a more silent type.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 08:20:28 am »

^what did you use?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

The original one had quite a big center motor and short simple curved blades. I had an obsolete similar size computer case vent with more aerodynamically formed blades here and used that one. The risk was the higher wattage description. Tried both out in a bench and the sound was way lower. Cleaned all the parts that could block the air flow. I think it will do the job better than the old one did for 5 years.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up