Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simply Elegant Gold Fiber 310  (Read 2181 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Simply Elegant Gold Fiber 310
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:07 am »

I recieved the regular (at)lex email advertisement yesterday and they had an interesting new offering:  Simply Elegant Gold Fiber 310.  They say it's a direct replacement for the Ilford paper that a lot of us really liked.  It's supposed to give identical results and uses the same ICC profiles.  Simply Elegant appears to be a private label paper and I couldn't find any information on who the manufacturer is.  25 count 13x19 paper size is only $1US less than Canson Baryta Photographique so it's not clear to me that there is any benefit in trying some since the Canson paper works very well for me as a substitute.  I'm interested in whether anyone has tried this new paper though it might be too soon since it looks to have just been introduced.

howardm

Re: Simply Elegant Gold Fiber 310
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:38:13 am »

in fact, it's significantly more expensive except for the 13x19 size and then add S&H whereas B&H is free shipping.  What would
be the incentive?

hugowolf

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 09:46:36 am »

in fact, it's significantly more expensive except for the 13x19 size and then add S&H whereas B&H is free shipping.  What would
be the incentive?

itSupplies, Atlex under another name, has free shipping on any orders of $99.

If nothing else it would be good to have a less expensive 13" x 19" version - it is usually the most expensive cut, not being an even fraction of any larger size.

Brian A

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 11:00:57 am »

be the incentive?
That was the size I priced and I didn't look at other sizes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up