Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D and C mode  (Read 5450 times)

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
5D and C mode
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:56:43 am »

Good point, for a lot of people that change CFs often this will very a life saver. What I wonder is why they did not add C1-C5 or something.

jd1566

5D and C mode
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 08:06:03 am »

I had come to the same conclusion about the custom setting..
However to see if it really works one needs to know what camera settings are customisable, and what instead can only be set manually.  The Mirror lock-up should be easy to customise, but I am wondering about the timer button, whether this can also be set in the custom function..  

However a much simpler system would have been to have given the Print button (new) on the camera the function of mirror lockup with self timer 2 seconds.. So easy.. Or just add to the shooting mode another choice, 2 second + MLU..  Must camera manufactures be so difficult when giving us solutions?  

This just re-inforces the view that camera engineers must do gardening as a hobby instead of taking pictures with the machines they design... :-)
B&W photographer - Still lifes, Portrait

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
5D and C mode
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 02:06:10 pm »

The 5D3 will come with a set of small green stickers to put on the C1 C2 C3 etc positions on the dial : a mountain, a flower, a skier, a clock, a human head, a racing car etc
Which brings it full circle to the Rebel XS auto modes...

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
5D and C mode
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 04:48:03 am »

Mind you, the C mode just allows easy selection of the CF. What people realy need for MLU is a seperate button as in the old cameras that raises and lowers the mirror.

As first said, all they need to do is add a CF to map the functionality to another button - perhaps the SET button. This is just a firmware fix possible for all cameras - almost zero cost to Canon.

AJSJones

5D and C mode
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 12:45:15 am »

Amir M at FM observed that the C mode can "memorize" a set of "settings" supposedly including custom functions and timer modes, so it should allow you to easily get to a setting where MLU and timer (plus your favorite other params for MLU shooting) are switched on, and then off when you leave C mode.
How come Canon PR folks didn't realize they'd apparently dealt with a major grumble from users?????

jani

• Øyet
5D and C mode
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 05:31:17 am »

Good point, for a lot of people that change CFs often this will very a life saver. What I wonder is why they did not add C1-C5 or something.
They're probably waiting with that until the 5D MkIII in 2010 or something. ::
Jan

AJSJones

5D and C mode
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:30:14 pm »

They're probably waiting with that until the 5D MkIII in 2010 or something. ::
The 5D3 will come with a set of small green stickers to put on the C1 C2 C3 etc positions on the dial : a mountain, a flower, a skier, a clock, a human head, a racing car etc

AJSJones

5D and C mode
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 06:18:20 pm »

Which brings it full circle to the Rebel XS auto modes...
...reinforcing my point that making MLU this accessible has probably been possible all along, even in the lowliest model, if only Canon had listened.  :p

AJSJones

5D and C mode
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 04:14:02 pm »

As first said, all they need to do is add a CF to map the functionality to another button - perhaps the SET button. This is just a firmware fix possible for all cameras - almost zero cost to Canon.
Perhaps the "print" button?  I'm not sure I'd ever use it to print with...
Pages: [1]   Go Up