Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Despues de la tormenta  (Read 2166 times)

Jose L

• "He detenido la luz, he capturado su vuelo" Louis
Despues de la tormenta
« on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:03 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Despues de la tormenta
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 04:36:15 pm »

I assume that greenish, yellowish cast is intentional? Not very pleasing, at least for me. Otherwise, impressive cloud formation. Might work better in b&w perhaps?

KMRennie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »

Most of the sea seems to have a faint or blue/  cast plus a patch of the sky towards the right hand side has little or no cast. Agree it may look very good in mono.

matoqui

• M. Toledo Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »

Nice picture, Jose! I like the panorama style. However, I agree with KMRennie and Slobodan - it will probably look better in monochrome. It seems that you de-saturated the image but the remaining color cast is not beneficial. Either mono or perhaps a duotone will work better.

francois

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 06:50:49 am »

Stunning panorama but I'm also bothered by the greenish cast of the sky/clouds. B&W might be the solution.
Francois

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:16 am »

Hola,

Very good image. I have taken a look at it on 2 different PCs with different Monitors and the main problem is that the creator of the image has also a very different Monitor then we do and this is a global problem when presenting images on the WWW.

Some have calibrated monitors, some like the very white which really is a bluish tone, other like a warm adjutment, etc. etc. etc. I work in the Textile industry and in order that the housewives see the white clothing whiter is that we add some blue dye into the washing products and so the white looks whiter :-) Optical ilusion.

The other problem is some people do convert!, never assign a colour profile for presenting an image on the WWW, the images to be presented to sRGB as it should be, because not all Browsers can present correctly the images with other colour profiles.

I think this topic has been discussed already many times in many imaging forums and belongs to the topic Colour Management.

So what do I want to say ? The best is always to convert the images to be presented to sRGB profile which every Browser understands and if possible, if you do not calibrate your monitor at least once a month with a spyder, to use the sRGB or 6500K setting which nowadays is possible with every LCD or LED monitor.

All I wrote surely is known by most of the forum members here.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:58:19 am by RS Foto »
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

thierrylegros396

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:02 pm »

Not fully conviced by this explanation.

Have a look at the left part of the image, and you'll see a magenta cast.

So, for me it can be a lens/sensor problem too.

Of course the BW version will solve the problem  ;) ;) and the photo worth it.

But Lightroom has also powerfull tools to remove those cast.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »

Not fully conviced by this explanation.

Have a look at the left part of the image, and you'll see a magenta cast.

So, for me it can be a lens/sensor problem too.

Of course the BW version will solve the problem  ;) ;) and the photo worth it.

But Lightroom has also powerfull tools to remove those cast.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Hi Thierry,

I agree but interestingwise there is one comment here he sees it yellowish and greenish, you see a magenta cast and perhaps not vey noticeable a cyan cast on the other side.

All this colour seeing is very interesting taking into consideration that man suffer more often of Daltonism then women.

Magenta and Cyan casts do point to a possible chromatic aberration. Me as an Amateur Astrophotographer do have this especially when using cheap telescopes and very noticeable on the limb of the Moon. One side Cyan and the other side Magenta ...

It would be interesting to know the camera brand and type as well as the focal length of the lens.
 I am here for

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 03:54:28 am »

I like it has it is, with whatever cool colour cast different people see:)

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:31 am »

Jose - If that magenta color band is part of a "lens cast" issue (alternating bands of magenta and greenish cyan typically) which is entirely possible - you could try Raw Therapee's highlight recovery tool and see if it removes it somewhat.  There are four options - some work better than others depending on image - not a perfect solution but workable in absence of your taking "flat field" frames to be used with Lightroom's DNG Flat Field plugin...which will usually remove all of it. /B
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

thierrylegros396

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:08 am »

I had the same problem with my old G10 a few years ago.

Sometimes (bright light) Sony Rx100 encounters that problem too.

Graduated filter solved the problem most of the time.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Jose L

• "He detenido la luz, he capturado su vuelo" Louis
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 12:12:11 pm »

Gracias a todos por vuestras opiniones que ayudan a mejorar día a día. Y si, parece que puede haber alguna disfunción en el color de la fotografía. Intentare mejorar en la edición. Saludos y gracias.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 12:19:30 pm »

Gracias a todos por vuestras opiniones que ayudan a mejorar día a día. Y si, parece que puede haber alguna disfunción en el color de la fotografía. Intentare mejorar en la edición. Saludos y gracias.

Thanks everybody for your comments which help me to get better day by day. And yes, it seems to be that there is some disfunction in the photography. I will try to improve the edition. Regards and Thanks
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up