Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back again after a long pause ....  (Read 1614 times)

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Back again after a long pause ....
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »

..... in Terrestrial Photography

Hi,

I am not a newbie in this forum. I joined this forum in August 2002, yes nearly 12 years ago while I was vey active in Terrestrial Photography.

I guess some will wonder why i write terrestrial Photography, the reason is due to the fact that I bought a small ranch here in Mexico and then switched over to Astronomical Photography and Landscape, Nature and Architectural and somtimes people Snaphots were declining in my passion.

Now having had a nice incident at my house, a couple of Bewick´s Wren built a nest inside my BBQ cart :-) adn so I took off all dust from my terrestrial Photo Equipment and shot them taking care and feeding the fledglings.

Also I took the opportunity to replace or better said add a third digital camera to my arsenal of gear and if everything goes well I will have a Canon EOS 1D X i my hands on May 7th. I also own a very Old EOS 1Ds (bought sometime in 2003) and an EOS 10D, apart from an astromodified 20D and an also astromodified Rebel. Before that I used to shoot all images on Slides using Agfachrome RSX, Fuji Velvia and Provia film. I still have 3 analog Canon Bodies in my museum a EOS 1N, an EOS 1V and an EOS 1N RS.

My very very first more or less serious camer was a Canon AE1 which I bought 43 years ago and I still have it :-)

As you see I am a Canonier :-)

I will try to participate as much as possible here and I have to say that lots of my experience in taking images was acquired here in this Luminous Landscape forum and therefore I am thankfull to all those who have given me tips in the years I was present here.

In my amateur photographrs career I can count in that I have made 9 photographic exhibitions here in Mexico, some about everything in the country and some thematics like Mexican Birds, Cactii and Insects.

Sorry for that long introduction. Perhaps the one or another do remember me ¿?

Thanks for reading and Looking. Images taken with the EOS 1Ds and a 500mm f4 LIS USM and processed in PS CS4

Regards Rainer from México

Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Colorado David

Re: Back again after a long pause ....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:42:33 pm »

Welcome back.  Nice Series Rover in your avatar.

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:34 am »

Welcome! With your Land Rover, you might find some new friends like Colorado David above or Bruno Gil.
Francois

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:52:33 pm »

Welcome back.  Nice Series Rover in your avatar.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Bought in 2002 and that is more of a Bastard between a Series II and a Series IIA (even perhaps a bugeye) as well as civilian and military.

Story is quite interesting as how it got to Mexico. I am the 3rd owner. Papers officially put him as a 1961 CKD and so mexican Nationality, but have got e-mails from people whose parents knew this car telling me a Canadian weapon restorer brought it to Mexico ¿?

Anyhow it runs great and I keep it in the best state I can. A bit expensive as I have to get all Spares from USA and some from UK.

See attached bigger images how it looks now
 I am here for

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »

Welcome! With your Land Rover, you might find some new friends like Colorado David above or Bruno Gil.

Thanks Francois
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up