Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Love  (Read 1551 times)

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
Dark Love
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:27:05 am »

Im having some problems converting from ProPhoto to sRGB to publish on web  >:(

Dark Love by Bruno Gil 1933, on Flickr

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Dark Love
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:52:40 am »

Looks good, Bruno, but it's too small to be able to evaluate.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 09:51:49 am »

Looks good, Bruno, but it's too small to be able to evaluate.

Thanks Russ
I don´t know what i´m doing wrong. Ive tried to upload directly to LuLa but i cant, i´ve already checked about the 4MB maximum file size and still not working.
 ??? ??? ???

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:05 am »

When you say "problems" what are you referring to? The photo seems dark - is that it? Or is it something else. More info is needed.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03:47 am »

Bruno - can't say too much as it's hard to make out the processing in your version here...but that is a very interesting image at base level. /Brandt
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »

When you say "problems" what are you referring to? The photo seems dark - is that it? Or is it something else. More info is needed.

Hi Lux

I know is dark, that was on purpose for this one.
Im having problems with colored photos. I normally work on ProPhoto because it gives me more color range, but when i want to publish on web, converting to sRGB the colors change dramatically.
What i´m doing wrong? Cant believe that i must pos produce 2 photos, one using ProPhoto and another using sRGB  ???

Please advice
Thanks

francois

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 04:37:52 am »

I like it a lot. My only nit is some haloes around the photographer but it might be jpeg compression.
Francois

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:12 am »

I like it a lot. My only nit is some haloes around the photographer but it might be jpeg compression.

Thanks Francois
The reason for the halos was caused by selected area  :-\

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 07:14:59 am »

It looks good to me on the Flickr site.

It is a bit dark, (which is your intention judging by the name) but I like that kind of processing - there is still detail in the shadows and there is a definite "dark" feel to it.

There is also depth, which is not always easy to achieve.

I like it!

William

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Jagatai

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:30 am »

Hi Lux

I know is dark, that was on purpose for this one.
Im having problems with colored photos. I normally work on ProPhoto because it gives me more color range, but when i want to publish on web, converting to sRGB the colors change dramatically.
What i´m doing wrong? Cant believe that i must pos produce 2 photos, one using ProPhoto and another using sRGB  ???

Please advice
Thanks

I suppose if you are pushing your colors to the extreme edges of the color gamut, you might see some loss of color when converting to a profile that cannot show as many colors as Prophoto.  But in my experience, i rarely see any significant difference between the ProPhoto version and sRGB or Adobe RGB.  The times i do run into troubles is when i open a ProPhoto image in an application that defaults to assuming the image is in sRGB.  The colors becomes grossly distorted.

Is is possible you are not actually converting the color from ProPhoto to sRGB but rather are just assigning a different profile without conversion?  This would definitely create a rather extreme color distortion.

At any rate, that's all i can think of.

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »

Im so stupid  :(
Thanks for wake me up for the problem Jagatai ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »

It looks good to me on the Flickr site...

That's because of the black background there. If the white frame is eliminated, it would look even better (on Flickr), i.e., the shadows would be a tad more open.

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »

That's because of the black background there. If the white frame is eliminated, it would look even better (on Flickr), i.e., the shadows would be a tad more open.

Thanks for the tip Slobodan, will update tomorrow  :)

WalterEG

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 07:36:47 pm »

You know, I somehw think that some very special qualities that make a transcendent photograph are lost on the internet and can only be truly appreciated in a print.

Prints!  Remember them?  They were the final arbiter at one time with resolution far greater than 72 dpi can reveal.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:05 pm »

Right, Walter. And I'll bet this picture really would come to life in a fair sized print. Even a larger monitor version would help to allow a reasonable evaluation.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

You know, I somehw think that some very special qualities that make a transcendent photograph are lost on the internet and can only be truly appreciated in a print.

Prints!  Remember them?  They were the final arbiter at one time with resolution far greater than 72 dpi can reveal.

I´m a young guy in this path of art, that is photography, but Im sure I have the old style and way of viewing this form of art. Thats the reason I do a lot of printings sizing 100cmx70cm. Thats my favorite print size. My wife and 2 kids are starting to complain about the amount of frames i have at home  ;)
Cheers

Right, Walter. And I'll bet this picture really would come to life in a fair sized print. Even a larger monitor version would help to allow a reasonable evaluation.

For sure Russ
I do all my pos in a 25inch monitor but nothing to print and feel the image in our hands. Im sure this week I´ll do the print
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up