Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitting a catalogue  (Read 1998 times)

jallday

Splitting a catalogue
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:24:37 am »

Hi
I currently store my images in folders by year with sub folders by topic. I then import images into capture one as referenced files.

Rather than having one catalogue for all images, as I have now, I would like to set up catalogues for each year. Basically, my question is - how can I transfer referenced images from one catalogue to another without loosing the edits?

Is this possible?

Jonathan

allegretto

Re: Splitting a catalogue
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

make new catalog

import tool. mark "keep effects" or whatever that check box is

what's else to do?

jallday

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:55:23 pm »

As far as I can see, you can't import to a new catalogue from an old CO catalogue. You can from a lightroom catalogue etc.

The solution I have come up with though is very similar. I am exporting from the old catalogue originals with included edits. I am then importing these into a new catalogue.

I have altered my workflow slightly as a result.
For each session I have a folder with sub folders 'captures', 'selects', 'output' (processed jpg) and now I have added 'edits'. This folder contains the selected Raw files exported with edits. So, I can always bring them into a new catalogue.

I'm doing this as I've had a few occurrences of catalogues being corrupted so I am building a workflow to defend myself against that.

Jonathan

ario

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »

An other way is to duplicate the catalog and then remove the unwanted pictures. In case of managed catalog the two ways are equivalent, in case of referenced catalog I prefer the second one which does not need to relink the originals.
And you are right, a simple "import as catalog" function to the best of my knowledge does not exist (yet ?).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:27:58 pm by ario »
Pages: [1]   Go Up