Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bizarre - "Synchronize Settings" box appears BEHIND LR  (Read 1336 times)

JackWinberg

Bizarre - "Synchronize Settings" box appears BEHIND LR
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »

LR 5.4, Win 8.1 here.  Bizarre behavior of the "Synchronize Settings" box (from most selected images to others) appears behind the LR program, making it inaccessible and effectively freezes the program.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Jack Winberg

JackWinberg

Re: Bizarre - "Synchronize Settings" box appears BEHIND LR
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »

OK, I moved the main LR window over to a side, hit the "synchronize" button, and, lo and behold, the dialog box appears on my SECOND MONITOR, which I had turned off.  Fiddling with the 1. and 2. monitor controls in the lower left of the LR screen did not succeed in getting it to behave.

Any suggestions?  (Come on all you guru's, give me a hand, please!)

Jack Winberg

powerslave12r

• Flickr
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:05 pm »

Don't want to sound snarky but a picture is worth a thousand words. Screenshots may make it easier for others to help you out.
http://www.flickr.com/garagenoise
DP2M | X-M1 | 6D | TS-E24IIL | EF24-105L

eliedinur

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »

Maybe you should see to your OS or graphics driver display settings,  putting the display on just one monitor if you don't want to use the second one.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

JackWinberg

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »

HIu:

Thanks much for your swift response, I am enclosing two screenshots.  The first is of my main monitor (#1) showing the LR screen in the develop mode, a few images are selected (one "most selected), and the monitor window dialog boxes are encircled in red in the lower left corner.  The second screenshot is of my second monitor with the synchronize dialog box that appears on it when I click on "Synchro".  I would like the synchronize dialog box to appear on my main monitor as it always has before.

I tried every combination of the small monitor boxes that appear at the lower left of the main LR dialog, but to not avail.  I hope this presents a clearer picture.

Thanks in advance..... Jack

JackWinberg

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »

Thanks, but I would prefer not to inactivate my second monitor.

Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up