Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips for short trip to Ireland and the west coast  (Read 1372 times)

Torbjörn Tapani

Tips for short trip to Ireland and the west coast
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:29:03 pm »

I'm going to visit Dublin, Ireland for a few days and then rent a car and go west for a few days. My only plan so far is to go west on the M6 then turn south to the Cliffs of Moher. What else could I hope to see around that area? I will be taking a DSLR and a few lenses.

stingray

Re: Tips for short trip to Ireland and the west coast
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:32:00 am »

Lots to do in that area.
Kilkee and cliff walks South of the town.
Drive down to Loop head.
Aillwee caves. Google.
Visit the Burren area. Google. Lots of info. Lovely walks. Barren / Karst landscape.

Ferry out to the Aran Islands.
Sample Galway City.

If you have a little more time, then explore further north towards Connemara and Cliftden to Westport.

Or South into the beautiful Kerry and Cork Atlantic peninsulas.

Happy to try and answer any specific questions.

Torbjörn Tapani

Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »

Excellent, that's very helpful. A few waypoins like that is all I need really. Wanna leave room for spontaneous stops along the way. So thank you very much.

Torbjörn Tapani

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »

Quick summary. Went to Loop Head during sunset, then Cliffs of Moher with clear skies, on to the Burren, Connemara, Westport and back to Dublin. Had a great time.

Lovely country, very beautiful and lots of places to see if only I had more time! And more lenses. Irish rock is very hard. Busted my 24-120   :'(

jwstl

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:20:26 pm »

Sounds great. I was there last August and had miserable weather for the Cliffs of Moher but by the time I reached the Burren the weather was ok. I just wish I had more time there; I really liked the Burrren. I'll be going back in a year or 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up