Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making of a image  (Read 36100 times)

Isaac

Re: Making of a image
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 05:49:40 pm »

Interesting.

A month ago, I would have said my dramatic sky / darkened land photo was an example of how to not "get it right in camera" because I really needed a tripod for multiple EVs.

Now, I recognize that even without a tripod, I could easily have taken a burst of shots and multiple exposures could have been used for better NR in the darkened area.

I find it difficult to recognize opportunities to improve the less-interesting parts of the scene, while I'm in the process of photographing what's interesting to me ;-)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 08:02:38 pm »

Great. Let's see some results.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Isaac

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:05 pm »

Isaac

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 02:23:23 pm »

…getting it right in the camera.

When rich detail will an important element in appreciating the final picture, I suppose (in addition to everything else) "getting it right in the camera" now means taking a burst of photographs so that in the future we'll have what we need for super resolution.

melchiorpavone

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »

We all, at the early stages of he learning process, have gone out and shoot tons of pictures...mostly as a way of learning the exposure triangle.
Then we go through the groping stage...like the proverbial blind squirrel groping for the acorn, trying to determine what works and what doesn't.
It should be said that quite often, I have no clue as to what works and what doesn't. Kinda why I'm here.
Regardless, I'm asking how you make that image...does it start in your mind, previsualizing the image that you have in mind then creating it in studio or on site.
Or, by just meandering around until something catches your eye, then working that scene, perhaps returning for better light, until it all comes together.
What's your technique?

If you have to ask these kinds of questions, you should not be.....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up