Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: H4X and Sinar eMotion 75LV  (Read 5583 times)

mironovd

Question: H4X and Sinar eMotion 75LV
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:21:40 am »

Hi all,
I've been using my Sinar eMotion 75LV DB on Hassy H1 for some time, but I was wondering if it is wise to upgrade to H4X. After some research I found that there is no information on 75LV compatibility with H4X. There is extensive user reports on H4X and Phase One and Leaf Credo, there is a comment from Hasselblad on Aptus backs than do not work.
But I did not found any positive or negative evidence that Sinar backs work with 75LV.
Is there anyone here to share experience?

Thanks in advance.

jerome_m

Re: Question: H4X and Sinar eMotion 75LV
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:37:15 am »

I don't think anybody has tried that particular combination, but a decent dealer should be able to let you test yourself. After all: the H4x is advertised for use with third party backs and if it does not work with your back, you are allowed to send it back.

mironovd

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:14:45 pm »

Thank you for your opinion.
Unfortunately, here in Russia it seems that I will not be able to find such a good dealer because it is common to take all price or some part of it in advance and then deliver the camera. So I'll either loose advance payment or will have to sell camera. That was the point that I was looking for some experience before actually taking my money to dealer...

But either way thanks.

Alexey

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 02:24:24 am »

del

Alexey

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 02:25:36 am »

Have you asked SVAM himself? He is only one person on the planet who owns both the camera and the back

mironovd

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 03:29:43 am »

Only today. I've tried to contact him a week ago or so, but there was a bug with foto.ru, so I could not send message to him (site just froze and did not send anything).

jerome_m

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:12 pm »

Thank you for your opinion.
Unfortunately, here in Russia it seems that I will not be able to find such a good dealer because it is common to take all price or some part of it in advance and then deliver the camera. So I'll either loose advance payment or will have to sell camera. That was the point that I was looking for some experience before actually taking my money to dealer...

But either way thanks.

I could not know you were based in Russia. Still, according to the Hasselblad web site there are 3 official dealers in Russia. Theoretically at least, they should honour Hasselblad warranty if they want to stay approved dealers. But if you can contact a local photographer who has the experience of using the same back as you have, it will be much simpler of course.

Alexey

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »

Still, according to the Hasselblad web site there are 3 official dealers in Russia. Theoretically at least
Here in Russia is everything theoretical))) except vodka, bears and Putin))))
all 3 dealers sold never a h4x
All photographers buy the gear on ebay in USA and Germany, because of high prices in local stores
Local stores have to pay huge customs fees (about 50%)
Local stores sell to organisations (goverment, museums, FSB and so on)
not to ordinary people
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:16:54 pm by Alexey1 »

jerome_m

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »

Here in Russia is everything theoretical))) except vodka, bears and Putin
all 3 dealers sold never a h4x

Maybe, but they should be able to send an email to Göteborg to check out what the mothership thinks about that particular back.

Alexey

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 02:30:47 pm »

Maybe, but they should be able to send an email to Göteborg t

they send this man better to hell)))
their goal is "make money" and not  "help"

jerome_m

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

they send this man better to hell)))
their goal is "make money" and not  "help"

Then write to:

Victor Hasselblad AB
Box 220, SE-401 23 Gothenburg
Phone +46 31 10 24 00
Fax +46 31 13 50 74
info@hasselblad.se

mironovd

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »

Oh, I've written a question to Victor Hasselblad AG once and was told to ask that same dealers... Was really disappointed...

mironovd

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »

Yeah. One of them told me: "bring your money and H1, then wait several month and after that you may test if your back works on H4X yourself (and no refunds)".

Alexey

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 11:11:52 pm »

How much they want for this upgrade?  I have a brand new H2F for this upgrade)))

jerome_m

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 01:35:58 am »

Oh, I've written a question to Victor Hasselblad AG once and was told to ask that same dealers... Was really disappointed...

Yeah. One of them told me: "bring your money and H1, then wait several month and after that you may test if your back works on H4X yourself (and no refunds)".

What I would do in this case is to write, not mail, to Hasselblad in Göteborg. Send the letter registered and use your company letterhead. Explain the unacceptable level of service you get from their local representation and ask them for a workable solution. Write something along these lines:

Sir/Madam,
We are a photographic company based at ..., Russia, currently using Hasselblad products with Sinar eMotion 75LV backs. We are considering replacing our H1 camera(s) with H4x. Unfortunately, we could not find any information whether the H4x works with this particular digital back and the local Hasselblad representations, (insert names), have refused to help us on that particular point. Would it be possible to arrange for a demo of the H4x at a dealer of your choice in Moscow for us to test it with the Sinar eMotion 75LV back?
Yours sincerely,
(signed)

You are buying professional equipment, the company behind it should behave professionally.

jerome_m

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 01:37:30 am »

How much they want for this upgrade?  I have a brand new H2F for this upgrade)))

Hasselblad waived the requirements to trade in another camera for a H4x. You can get one without sending your H2F in.

From http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/h4x-.aspx

Purchase the H4X now WITHOUT the trade-in.
Offer is valid while stocks last. All prices exclude VAT.

• H4X camera body with CR-123 grip, w/o viewfinder 3.995€
• H4X camera body with CR-123 grip and HV 90x-II viewfinder 4.995€
• H4X camera body with CR-123 grip and HVD 90x viewfinder 4.995€
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:39:55 am by jerome_m »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 04:30:55 am »

Another option is to talk to Sinar or to SBF...perhaps they already have customers, somewhere in the world, who are using this combo or maybe Sinar have tested it...

Best of luck

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Alexey

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 05:34:25 am »

to SBF...

I personally met the owners of SBF ))))hahah they even never held the H system in their hands)))Just diletants
I told to topic caster where to get the info and who really owns both the sinar and the h4x  

mironovd

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 06:42:17 am »

I've talked to every dealer already, an to SBF too (they never seen H4X). Only Sava Digital understood what I meant in my question, but they have no info.
And I've send message to the man Alexey1 mentioned, but there is no reply from him. I'm patiently waiting.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:59 am »

And everybody tells us how the high prices are justified by the availability and competence of the dealers.

I don't understand why an email to Sinar and Hassy doesn't get the information.
As for the camera itself, I guess a dealer in Sweden or Germany will sell it to you easily, you can go and visit.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up