Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf 8300 banding  (Read 775 times)

James Clark

ipf 8300 banding
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:27 pm »

Ugh.  So my 8300 has started banding.  I moved locations, so the printer was down for a bit, and when it came back up the right printhead was dead.  I replaced the right printhead, but now I'm afflicted with a serious case of banding (see attached image).  I've tried the usual suspects... head alignment, feed adjustment all to no avail.  I'm hoping it's not that I need to change the left printhead as well.... Thoughts welcome...

James

TSJ1927

Re: ipf 8300 banding
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

Look into this:  Enter the Service Menu at start up and seek out the Nozzle1 Test.  Print its pattern on letter size coated stock.
Nozzle1 test : (gives TRUE nozzle check pattern  i.e. the ACTUAL head discharge output pattern) Shows the true condition of BOTH sets of Nozzles From EACH of your print heads.

If missing nozzles, try a cleaning then repeat the nozzle1 test.  This uses a very small amt. of ink.   I recently had my first banding on my 2.5 year old 8300 and this cleared it up fast!

Best luck.

James Clark

Re: ipf 8300 banding
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:55:59 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion... but it was a printhead :(   Lost both by being down for 6 weeks.  Expensive move ;P
Pages: [1]   Go Up