Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Links and Books of Landscape Photographers  (Read 7678 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Links and Books of Landscape Photographers
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 03:36:01 am »

I hesitate to mention this one because it's not a photography book, but it's one of my favourite books of all time and it changed how I see the world, which inspires my landscape photography and composition in general. It's called 'The Power of Limits: Proportional Harmonies in Nature, Art, and Architecture' by by György Doczi.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 12:02:15 pm »

What a great list of names and inspirations. I recognize some that are inspirational to me: Meola, Keena, Salgado, Sexton, Shaw...

When I started in photography, I learned a lot in terms of technique with John Shaw's books (Landscape photography, Close-ups in nature). Very useful and wonderful photos too.

I was very early on impressed by Salgado's work, his Ethiopia series, the Work series, and Genesis. To me, there is a common thread across his photography, and the word that comes to mind is "biblical", both in terms of scope and especially the way the light is handled, and the way the human race is portrayed amongst the natural realm.

I also like McCurry's work a lot, again, it has to do with the human element "lost" in the landscape, as a point of scale only.

One of the "landscape" books I have enjoyed the most is one that was published by a series of photographers in 2000, which was the result of project worldwide, where they went out on the dawn of 1 January 2000 (or 2001?) and shot the landscape in their home country. I do not remember the title now, but it is an amazing collection of photos.

Rgds

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 10:46:02 am »

Though known for his street photography, Hnri-Cartier Bresson could craft a nice landscape.

A friend in rural Northern Nevada I would consider both a great documentary photographer of her family's decades in the outback with great landscapes of the region is Linda Dufurena and her book "Fifty Miles From Home" with text by her daughter-in-law Carolyn a geologist by training.

My colleague Elizabeth Carmel and her husband Olaf here in California are also successful landscape photographer with two galleries and multiple books to their credit.

Of course there's the three generations of Munch.

A couple of other influences include the "color" AA-Phil Hyde a master of vision and craft. His son David continues in the family passion.

Lots more but this is a good start for folks.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Sam789

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 04:03:57 am »

Thanks a lot.. This is really a good collection.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up