Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5  (Read 2450 times)

NickJB

exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:22 am »

I've just started tethered shooting again, for which I prefer using C1 (I'm using V6.4.2), however I much prefer LR for cataloging etc. Of course when shooting tethered, clients etc like to look at images and make selects. Is there a way to export those star ratings from C1 to LR5?

Thanks!

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: exporting rating from C1 6 to LR 5
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:20 am »

I've just started tethered shooting again, for which I prefer using C1 (I'm using V6.4.2), however I much prefer LR for cataloging etc. Of course when shooting tethered, clients etc like to look at images and make selects. Is there a way to export those star ratings from C1 to LR5?

Thanks!

Why not just use Capture Pilot?  Ratings sync'd right back to Capture One?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

NickJB

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:31:51 am »

David, appreciate the reply, but I don't think you read my question properly. I want to sync ratings made in C1 when I'm on set to Lightroom, which I use to catalog once I'm back on my desktop. I see you're from Phase, but I don't use and do not plan to change to using C1 to catalog my files. 

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:54:04 am »

Hi Nick,

Ok - first of all I would upgrade to version 7 for a big leap in image quality.

That aside, you can do what you need to do (assuming you are capturing into a Session?).  Goto the preferences and look in Image>Metadata.

Change the sync option to Full Sync.

Then Lightroom can read the sidecar XMP files.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

lelouarn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »

Hi !
Would this be a way to transfer the ratings (staring system) applied on an IQ160 back into lightroom ? First, import the files using C1, write XMP and then re-import into lightroom. Or is the rating system on the IQ different from the rating system in C1 ?
I was a bit disappointed to see that LR doesn't recognize the stars given to a picture on the back, when they are imported directly into LR from the CF card.
Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up