Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer error using CS6 PS 13.0.6  (Read 881 times)

MrIconoclast

Printer error using CS6 PS 13.0.6
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:09:21 am »

I have an iMac running Mavericks.  I use CS6 with PS 13.0.6.  Until yesterday, I printed fine to my HP Z3200 printer.  However, yesterday I got this message " There was an error opening your printer.  Printing functions will not be available.....".  

I have restarted both the computer, the printer, and PS. I have reinstalled CS6 and run all the updates. I am using the current driver for my printer.  

I have tried the Option-Command-Shift trick to reset the PS settings file.  No luck.

Interestingly, I can print just fine with Lightroom, Word, Excel, various browsers, etc.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:00:32 am by MrIconoclast »

MrIconoclast

Re: Printer error using CS6 PS 13.0.6
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:18 am »

Thanks Chris.   I tried and so far no luck.

try changing the default printer to something other than your HP in the control panel, and restart photoshop.

Did that.  I managed one print, then back to the message even with my another printer as the default.

If that doesn't work, uninstall printer and drivers completely and reinstall should also do the trick.

I move the printer driver to the desktop. The result is that my only choice for a driver is 'generic'.  That won't work well. :-(   I assumed Mavericks would go out and download a fresh copy of the driver, but this does not appear to be happening.

I could try rolling back the firmware, etc., but everything worked fine until two days ago.  No updates have been applied, so I am wondering about that fix.  Surely there must be some problem that crept up.    

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will keep the rollback in reserve in case nothing else works. 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:35:45 am by MrIconoclast »

MrIconoclast

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:08:08 pm »

Thanks, Chris.  Yes, I tried that also. No Luck.

Sometimes a 'fix' allows me to make one print, but then its back to that nasty message.

MrIconoclast

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »

Thanks Chris.   I appreciate the suggestions.    No doubt something will turn up. 

MrIconoclast

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:55 pm »

I may be on to something!!

I just printed four images in a row from PS.  I opened them in PS, modified them a bit and then printed them.  Absolutely no problems.

Then I opened an image I had originally exported from LightRoom.  I made a few mods I could not make in LR. Then tried to print it.
Bang!!  I get that darned error message when I tried to print it.

So, it seems that PS has suddenly developed a problem with images exported from LR. This never happened before. 
I can import the PS altered image back into LR and print it, but I am curious why I might be getting this problem with PS printing an image that originated from LR.

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up