Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technical Support. Canon CPS vs. Adobe Creative Cloud  (Read 2177 times)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
Technical Support. Canon CPS vs. Adobe Creative Cloud
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:01:46 pm »

I just posted a long piece on the merits and failings of these two technical support systems.  It comes down to Canon CPS great, Adobe Creative Cloud - not so much.

If you are interested the illustrated article is posted at www.foto-gizmo.blogspot.com.

Regards,

Aboud Dweck
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Technical Support. Canon CPS vs. Adobe Creative Cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

So, you don't like to talk to people from India and you solved your own problem anyway...so, why did you even call tech support?

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:50:28 am »

And that makes it ok? Your automatic apologist attitude to anything adobe is pathetic beyond belief.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:34:34 am »

...so, why did you even call tech support?

Hi Jeff,

It seems like Aboud was looking for a solution and hoped that a quick fix was available from support. Lacking the quality of support he is accustomed to from CPS, he still had to find a solution to be able and do some work, which he accomplished by wasting more of his productive time by trial and error than might have been necessary. Luckily he did find a 'solution', but next time he may not be able to without assistance.

Seems like a reasonable 'rant' placed in supporting context to me. YMMV.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if Adobe educated themselves before hiring someone to represent them, or hire better trained people.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:20:03 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if Adobe educated themselves before hiring someone to represent them, or hire better trained people.

No argument about that from me...Adobe's support sucks and has for a decade. So, I don't use Adobe tech support...I just email my engineering friends for help :~)

Farmer

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:06 pm »

Comparing CPS to Adobe CC support is a little skewed.  Try comparing Canon's regular support instead, then it's a bit more apples to apples.

CPS is aimed at a different level and market.  Adobe's general support (and Canon's, et al) is catering the wider mass audience and will never be as good as the top tier service.
Phil Brown

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 08:37:15 pm »

The quality of customer support and service level is a business decision that has a huge impact in costs. Most businesses differentiate tiers of clients/consumers and provide different levels of service accordingly.

I think the OP is an apples to oranges comparison. Canon's CPS is intended for professionals who most likely have invested a lot in expensive equipment, so it is mostly a top tier level of service. Adobe general support for Creative Cloud on the other hand, is likely a mass-general public tier, so the approach is usually to automate / reduce costs as much as possible, with the mentioned drawbacks.

We would all (I guess) like to be treated as special customers having an expert at our hand any time we encounter an issue. I just don't think that's a real expectation for a product with a base subscription starting from $10 / month
Pages: [1]   Go Up