Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolomites  (Read 5521 times)

matoqui

• M. Toledo Photography
Re: Dolomites
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 10:37:02 am »

Beautiful pictures! Nine years ago I spent a few days in the Dolomite. Some pictures from that trip are hanging on my wall. Wonderful place.

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 02:50:18 pm »

Gorgeous, makes me more determined to go there soon!
I don't have a signature.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »

Thanks very much for the comments. I still have space on one of the Dolomites workshops in 2014.

stingray

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 04:09:08 am »

I have been on two of Hans's workshops.  Superb.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 08:03:29 am »

I have been on two of Hans's workshops.  Superb.

Thanks Matt  ;D I was good to see you and nice to be in contact with you from time to time. It's one of the nice side benefits of running workshops to meet so many nice people.

StoneNYC

• StoneNYC
    • Stone NYC Photography
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

I really thought this might have been shot on LF Fuji Velvia film, nice detail and colors.

Just grand capture!
~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Petrus

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 01:29:15 am »

Great pictures of a great place!

For those who enjoy something slightly adventurous I heartily recommend Via Ferratas, especially in Brenta area. I have visited the area 7 times since 1999 and did a 30 minute TV documentary about them in 2005. Madonna di Campiglio is the best starting point, and it is possible to hike/climb the iron pathways easily for 5-7 days without coming down to the villages, relying on the splendid Rifugio network. Some truly splendid viewpoints, close-up, but inconvenient to carry a tripod...

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 08:37:44 am »

Great pictures of a great place!

For those who enjoy something slightly adventurous I heartily recommend Via Ferratas, especially in Brenta area. I have visited the area 7 times since 1999 and did a 30 minute TV documentary about them in 2005. Madonna di Campiglio is the best starting point, and it is possible to hike/climb the iron pathways easily for 5-7 days without coming down to the villages, relying on the splendid Rifugio network. Some truly splendid viewpoints, close-up, but inconvenient to carry a tripod...

Thanks very much.

I have seen the Via Ferratas wires at Lagazuoi and have thought about doing some of the routes, but not so far. A much less demanding way for photographers who like to get high up in the mountains to experience to sunrise and sunsets that can be really spectacular and different then there are a number of refugios that are accessible via some of the cable cars.

Last year I stayed one night in Refugio Lagazuoi at Passo Falzarego before the Dolomites East workshop in September and the following picture was shot at sunset showing the refugio on context of the mountains.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:51 am »

Hans - some really wonderful images here...kudos. /B
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

I really thought this might have been shot on LF Fuji Velvia film, nice detail and colors.

Just grand capture!

Thanks  ;D and it probably could have been. It was edited in Lightroom 5 only.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up