Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Enfuse Question  (Read 5230 times)

NickZee

LR Enfuse Question
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:22 pm »

Hello,

I use LR Enfuse regularly, usually processing several groups of images continuously.  I have directed this question to the LR Enfuse author but haven't heard back from him.  I'm turning here because it looks to have the most LR experts.

When I'm processing images, if I run two "Enfuses" at the same time, I'll get an Enfuse error popup message and the 2ND fuse fails (screenshot attached).  A friend of mine can run 12 "Enfuses" at once on a 2005 Mac Pro dual Xeon.

My computer is:
Intel i7 4770
16gb Ram
GTX 660
Windows 8.1 Pro
SSD for OS and programs.
Externals for storage.
LR 5.3
Enfuse 4.31

Has anyone else seen this error?  Or know what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.
Nick

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: LR Enfuse Question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:54:49 am »

Hi Nick: Never seen that message, so I can't help you there. I tend to stack the images in LR, then select the stacks and use batch mode with LR/Enfuse. Never had a problem with that.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

NickZee

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 02:10:00 am »

Thanks Mike!

I love the stack and batch feature and use it often for Enfusing the stacks into HDR timelpase.  However in my daily routine, stacking and batching won't work for the way I Enfuse.  I wish!  It would save me hours!

Thank you again!

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:19:40 am »

Never seen that error but I'm using Enfuse via Lightroom on a Mac.
Did you find what was causing it?
Francois

NickZee

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:38:11 pm »

No I have not.  And I have not given up either.

http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?22695-LR-Enfuse-Error-167

francois

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 03:27:21 am »

No I have not.  And I have not given up either.

http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?22695-LR-Enfuse-Error-167

Did you try to use Enfuse via another application like EnfuseGUI and with the same parameters? This could tell whether the issue lies in the Lightroom export plug-in (the error message seems to point to the plug-in)  or in Enfuse.
Francois

NickZee

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:45:28 pm »

Great idea @francois.

I downloaded and installed EnfuseGUI however I don't think it works for Window 8.1 pro.

I grabbed a folder with several cr2s and dragged it into EnfuseGUI but nothing happened.  I also tried grabbing just the files, and dragging them in... nothing.  The only thing that happens is the file location appears at the bottom of the window in the Input tab.  But no images appear in the list.

Thanks again for your input!

NickZee

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »

Does anyone know how open .lua files without all the special charters?

I use Notepad ++ and instaed the .lua language extension.  I also installed LauEdit and it also has the special charters.

Images attached, Notepad++ and then LuaEdit screen shots.

I want to read the .lua files in the LREnfuse folder and see if there is a Blocksize and or CacheSize set in the code.

According to this, the default block size is 2048kb
http://enblend.sourceforge.net/enfuse.doc/enfuse_4.1.xhtml/Extended-Options.xhtml#Extended-Options

And for CacheSize -
"This is the amount of memory Enfuse will use for storing image data before swapping to disk. The default is 1024MB, which is good for systems with 3–4gigabytes (GB) of RAM.

I have 16GB of Ram.

Then under Memory Tuning - http://enblend.sourceforge.net/enfuse.doc/enfuse_4.1.xhtml/Tuning-Memory-Usage.xhtml#Tuning-Memory-Usage

"On systems with considerably more than 4GB of RAM it is recommended to run Enblend or Enfuse versions without image cache."

Since I don't see these options in the LREnfuse options, I'm wondering if there is a bottle neck and the second and third blends are getting booted.

francois

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 03:57:31 am »

Great idea @francois.

I downloaded and installed EnfuseGUI however I don't think it works for Window 8.1 pro.

I grabbed a folder with several cr2s and dragged it into EnfuseGUI but nothing happened.  I also tried grabbing just the files, and dragging them in... nothing.  The only thing that happens is the file location appears at the bottom of the window in the Input tab.  But no images appear in the list.

Thanks again for your input!

I'm using a Mac and didn't notice that EnfuseGUI wasn't compatible with Windows 8.1.

I'm sorry
Francois

francois

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 03:59:59 am »

Does anyone know how open .lua files without all the special charters?

I use Notepad ++ and instaed the .lua language extension.  I also installed LauEdit and it also has the special charters.

You need to decompile Lua bycodes.

A decompiler can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/unluac/

Then follow tbk0000 (in the comments) example. It works fairly well on my Mac.

HTH
Francois

NickZee

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

Thanks francois!

Took me a while to figure it out, but I finally figured out how to read the lua files!  I looked through few of them, but didn't really find anything about blocksize or image-cache.

One day I'll figure it out... :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up