Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kolarvision  (Read 3034 times)

bwana

kolarvision
« on: April 08, 2014, 02:20:06 pm »

Has anyone used this lab for IR conversion? They offer IR+Visible as well.

jwstl

Re: kolarvision
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:39:37 am »

I had them convert a Nikon DSLR last year and they did it right and fairly quickly. I included a lens so they could calibrate the camera/lens combo but when I received the package from them they had forgotten to return the lens. I sent them an email with the lens info including serial number and they responded promptly with an apology. I had the lens a few days later. So bottom line, good work, good communication, and the one issue was resolved.

joneil

• This is what beer does to you....
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »

The converted a D7000 for me last year and did a good job.  Even going back and forth Canada- US worked out good.

They are good to talk to, but make sure you , yourself, understand exactly what kind of IR conversion you want.   I used to shoot a lot of black and white IR (HIE for example), so I knew the pitfalls and exactly what I wanted. I went whole hog, and did the extreme 780 to 850 conversion, with built in filter, and I am happy with my choice. 

If you have any questions about it all, ask me anytime

In the meantime,  if you want to see some of my infrared, black & white work, go here

http://www.start.ca/users/joneil/April%202014%20Gallery/

Some colour (normal), some B&W (infrared), all taken this past Feb in the Florida Keys.   
enjoy

bwana

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »

received my fuji x100s back from kolarivision. He did a good job with a quick turnaround. I mapped my blown pixels (and a dust spot too!) before I sent it. After I got it back, the dust spot was gone! (but the bad pixel was still blown as expected). Good job on a complicated device. Taking apart an X100s to get to the sensor is not an easy task.
Pages: [1]   Go Up