Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?  (Read 1298 times)

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm

Hi, I'm looking for noise-cancelling headphones (not ear plugs) that can cut off high frequencies - car horns, babies, kids, and firecrackers...

Any ideas?
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

sdwilsonsct

Re: Noise canceling Headphones that can kill babies and firecrackers?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 12:25:15 pm »

Nope. Bose headphones cut down the low-frequency roar of engines and wind, but have little effect on everything else.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:55:50 am »

Yeah, I checked out the QC15...Nice, but totally worthless for what I need them for.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:36:57 pm »

It depends on what you want them for. The 'active' noise cancelling only works well on continual noise, rather than

If you're listening to music, some well fitting over the ear phones will be as good as it gets for that sort of requirement.

If you need less high quality reproduction, but really need to cut down external noise, look at any of the Peltor range. Their products really are the best at keeping unwanted HF sound out.
As used by airline pilots, F1 pit crews, TV crews etc......

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:12 pm »

Thanks! These are exactly what I'm looking for. On further research I also found the Howard Leight 1030110 Sync which can plug in an mp3 player. Going to buy both.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up