Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibility of new Fuji X Flash system?  (Read 4918 times)

Geoff_C

Possibility of new Fuji X Flash system?
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

I haven't seen this discussed elsewhere.  If it has been discussed, I apologize.

As many of you had probably read a while ago, David Hobby, Zack Arias, Bert Stephani, and Kevin Mullins were invited to meet with Fuji in Japan over a year ago where they were introduced to a prototype of the X-T1 and then provided feedback to Fuji while discussing the future of Fuji.

Three of those photographers are, perhaps, the most popular bloggers re. off camera flash use.  Is this just a coincidence?  It seems to suggest to me that Fuji may be working on a new flash system. What are people's thoughts on this?

barryfitzgerald

Re: Possibility of new Fuji X Flash system?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:31 pm »

I think the crude current flash system (that does not support it's own native wireless mode, nor HSS) is a MAJOR turn off for a lot of people
Fuji have 2 problems, they don't have suitable flashguns right now (so they need that) AND they would have to update bodies to support those 2 aspects

This should have been done right from the start, day one.
Minolta did wireless flash 20 years ago, HSS is standard on most DSLR's even budget ones (bar Nikon but that's their crippleware take)
I was frankly amazed that such a mistake was allowed to happen..

I am sure they are working on something, but until they get this sorted out I would absolutely not look at the Fuji X system

F2bthere

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »

It might be worth seeing what Nissin comes out with in the i40 to see if this advances what is available with the Fuji system (even if Fuji doesn't build it).

Vladimirovich

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:42 pm »

It seems to suggest to me that Fuji may be working on a new flash system. What are people's thoughts on this?
no, no... Fuji is working on a new, top secret, CFA layout... the current X-Trans layout eliminated the need for them to have an AA filter (nevermind that the rest of the industry eliminated AA w/o much hassle even in 16mp cameras), the next CFA layout from Fuji will eliminate the need for any flash system completely... stay tuned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up