Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your prefered Credo profile?  (Read 1691 times)

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
What's your prefered Credo profile?
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »

Hi there, I  use Credo 60 since 4 mounth but coming from a Sinar Hy6 system I still found the Leaf Credo profiles too much exagereted in saturation and contrast.
At the moment I use Leaf Profoto RGB profile with "Credo 60 Linear" curve; what do you use in yor workflow?

synn

• My fine art portfolio
Re: What's your prefered Credo profile?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:30:38 pm »

Hi there, I  use Credo 60 since 4 mounth but coming from a Sinar Hy6 system I still found the Leaf Credo profiles too much exagereted in saturation and contrast.
At the moment I use Leaf Profoto RGB profile with "Credo 60 Linear" curve; what do you use in yor workflow?

I am not sure what your intended application is, but the portrait soft curve has considerably less saturation and contrast.
For my work, i.e. portraiture, I find the normal curves quite satisfactory, but of course, this is a subjective matter.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:43:45 am »

I like the portrait profile and curve for people, but use the product curves for most everything else.  I do sometimes choose the linear curve and profoto rgb profiles for when I have an image with unusual colors or lighting circumstances that I want to edit carefully with my own curves and color corrections.
Rolleiflex USA

tomholdsworth

• Tom Holdsworth Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:48:09 am »

I've been using the Leaf ProPhoto RGB in combination with the Credo Portrait curve. The result looks a little "flat" initially, but I can add contrast and saturation to my taste, depending on the subject matter. I like starting with a neutral file.

Camdavidson

• http://www.camerondavidson.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:42:38 am »

I use the portrait profile for my Credo 60 as the base.  Everything gets moved around once the file hits Capture One.

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

I am not sure what your intended application is, but the portrait soft curve has considerably less saturation and contrast.
For my work, i.e. portraiture, I find the normal curves quite satisfactory, but of course, this is a subjective matter.

I do interor photography and furniture shots, but indipendently what your application is I find the Portrait and Product profiles eat too much information to start with in PS, don't you?

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 07:48:54 am »

I have been using the ProPhoto RGB, but using the OPEN setting, it shifts the highlights to the left, but does not affect the brightest highlights, the overall exposure remains unaffected.

Does anyone know how to make these settings sticky, I have tried using the "save as option" that is part of a drop down dialog box, but each time I need to reset the settings, they do not remain sticky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up