Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do people really edit on their phones?  (Read 953 times)

Some Guy

Do people really edit on their phones?
« on: April 03, 2014, 01:18:48 pm »

Was just reading about the $4.99 PS app for the iPhone.  Some were upset that the app didn't do layered PSD files?  ???  Some liked the PS Express (free) version better too and gave it a higher rating too.

Some of my DSLR camera PSD files are huge and I cannot see how a cell phone could even handle that.  Somehow it seems almost impossible to do any editing on a cellphone, maybe even a tablet.  Does seem to be where the market is heading though in that printed images may become archaic like film and "If it's good enough for the web off a phone, it's good enough for me."

So I just had to ask the forum if it is even viable?  Small Wacom tablet for cell screens next?

SG

Benny Profane

Re: Do people really edit on their phones?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:29:36 am »

No, not really. Well, yeah, but, we're talking about images shot on the phone, or, camera images essentially reduced in size to work on the phone and IPad. I just went to Italy a few months ago, and sent picture post cards back through e-mail that I downloaded from my camera to IPad (I know, not a phone, but, similar). It was fun, but, I also did serious editing to the same RAW images on a real Mac using Photoshop and camera Raw when I got home. Adobe makes a Photoshop like program for the phone and IPad called PS Touch, and there is also another excellent IPad program by the name of Photogene. Then, of course, there's Instagram and other online tools. They're all fun to play with, but, furgetabout using them for anything but online images that won't be seen elsewhere in larger form on paper.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:32:14 am by Benny Profane »
Pages: [1]   Go Up