Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New video using intentional camera movement  (Read 9615 times)

Michael Orton

New video using intentional camera movement
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:51:02 pm »

For anyone interested in exploring ICM we have recently uploaded a new video to our You Tube channel titled "The Liquid Landscape". Images are captioned to describe the raw material used to create the final image . Impressionist - abstract . All in camera with minimal post processing. Can be viewed at 1080p . Approx 9 min.   http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelortonphoto   Cheers ,  Michael

churly

Re: New video using intentional camera movement
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:47:56 pm »

Very fine work here.  I enjoy ICM and have tried some but my success rate is very low.  It takes quite a bit of experience to develop the technique.  Control of the highlights has been a major issue for me.
Thanks for the link to your work Michael.
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

Michael Orton

Re: New video using intentional camera movement
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:07:56 am »

I'm glad you enjoyed the video Chuck. Keep playing with this , and don't worry about controlling high contrast situations. When you "get it" and you will they will be welcomed as potential subject matter. Over the years I have worked with every approach to photography that I could and this is by far the most freeing form of expression I have experienced. Marko Kulik at  photography.ca  recently "got it" and has created a wonderful gallery of Montreal streets at night.  www.markokulik.com  Cheers  Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up