Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Gear  (Read 1890 times)

Jimmy D Uptain

Stolen Gear
« on: April 02, 2014, 05:59:00 am »

This past weekend my camera and lighting bags were stolen.
Here's a list of everything. I live in Southeastern USA. More specifically, Birmingham, Al.
I'd like to recover the gear, or at least bust the bottom feeder who took it.
This may not be the place to post it, but I'm trying every angle.

Tony Jay

Re: Stolen Gear
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:04 am »

You do have my sympathies.

Last year I had camera equipment stolen including my 5D Mark III out of a vehicle in Windhoek, Namibia.
Thank goodness nothing of the scale of your loss, and thank goodness for back-up equipment otherwise my expedition would have been well and truly screwed.
Nonetheless the anger that I felt nearly screwed my photography as badly as the loss of the equipment did.

I really hope you do get your stuff back!

Tony Jay

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »

Thanks Tony.
I still have my Nikon D3 and a 45mm pcE lens. They were brought in to process photos.
I guess if I had to have a single combination that would be it. :)
BTW if the pic is opened in a separate browser, you can actually see the serial numbers.

StoneNYC

• StoneNYC
    • Stone NYC Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:44 pm »

That sucks, make sure to follow eBay and check your local craigslist, these guys are often idiots and post the gear for sale almost immediately.

It's too bad you don't have more serial numbers available.

I would go over your receipts from the purchases and try to get more aerial numbers, call the companies you bought from and see if they have them on file, contact private sellers and see if they have serial numbers of gear you lost.

Check local pawn shops.

Take notes of specific marks you have.

And get photographers insurance! (Something I need to get too, not sure where to even get it but I know I need it).

I've known people who got their stuff back, especially posting to these forums, this is the best place to post, I knew a guy who got his entire 8x10 large format kit stolen and another guy looking for one bought it, realized it was a forum members, and then got the police involved, and got the money back and caught the perp.

Good luck
~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Colorado David

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:27:34 am »

And get photographers insurance! (Something I need to get too, not sure where to even get it but I know I need it).

Join a professional association and buy it through them. ASMP, NPPA, NANPA all offer discounted inland marine policies at discounted rates for members.

ralphmerlino

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:18 pm »

So sorry to hear this Jimmy.
Hope you get it back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up