Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images gone Offline  (Read 2712 times)

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
Images gone Offline
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:10:16 am »

With my newly updated copy (v7.2.1), yesterday I imported all my new X-T1 files. Because I've been having trouble with the correct display of capture time with files saved to an SDXC card, I checked C1's interpretation of capture time and all is well.

Today I looked at the image folder from the command prompt to see what times were recorded. I made no changes to the files, just inspected them. I closed the DOS window and when I opened C1 I found that the files in that folder were now shown as Offline, and many had been replaced by the ! mark. Fortunately I've done no work on them yet, so I deleted them from the catalogue and re-imported. All is now well, but it does nothing to build one's confidence that the system is robust.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Images gone Offline
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:22:48 am »

Were you using a command prompt within win7 or win8 either 32 or 64 bit (XP and Vista too ) I don't believe you were in DOS as DOS can't see a NTFS partition.   There are tools out there that claim to allow it but I have never tried them.   If you installed on a FAT32 partition different story.   

Strange that a command prompt from win 7 would create the ! Issue which most times implies the image in question has been moved fro the catalog.  You might need to open a support case with C1 as it might be a bug.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:23 am »

Yes I suppose strictly I wasn't in DOS but using the command prompt from within Win 7 64bit. One can only assume that that is what caused it. I guess it is also possible that I closed C1 before the previews had been completely built, but I would hope that the program would be more robust than that.

I am intending to raise a ticket with Phase on this.

Actually it's worse than I've described because having temporarily shut my system down, when I re-opened C1 I found that the folder and sub-folders I had re-imported this morning are no longer visible!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:58:39 am by Rawcoll »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:05 am »

That is strange indeed, you are in catalog mode?  I only use session, have downloaded, but not yet installed 7.2.1

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:50:26 am »

I am in catalogue mode. I've now raised a ticket so I await the outcome.

Rawcoll

• iCIMAGING
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:15 am »

I created a new catalogue and re-imported my new files. Seems to work OK. Phase support seem to think that the catalogue got a bit muddled during my deletions etc, and the correct operation of the new catalogue seems to indicate that, but of course that doesn't really account for why it glitched in the first place. It does make me apprehensive about the robustness of the catalogue, though I know Phase is keen to dispel this notion.

On a side issue, I could really do with a thorough treatise on how to use C1 properly. It's all very well having tutorials and the like, but I need a reference book. I have one on order that is supposed to materialise in May, but whether it will is anyone's guess.

Edit. Apparently my hopes of a book have been dashed. The publishers have cancelled the publication it seems.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:50:43 am by Rawcoll »
Pages: [1]   Go Up