Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More textured canvas option?  (Read 915 times)

disneytoy

More textured canvas option?
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:18:45 am »

I have been testing Epson Exhibition Matte. I like it a lot, but saw today some prints on a more randomly textured canvas, I mean higher irregular thread look.

Can anyone point me to such a canvas?

Thank you.

Maxi

I.T. Supplies

Re: More textured canvas option?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:01 am »

I'm not really sure if you're gonna find a more textured canvas as it's more in the tightness of the weaving.  There are many brands available, but the best way to get a texture feel is from coating it.  I would get samples to best determine which one works best for you.

Some Guy

Re: More textured canvas option?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:42:12 am »

I noticed yesterday in a canvas run that the Canson canvas has much less texture of the weave than the Premier Art Satin canvas.  Seems the Canson has more of a gesso-like look to the surface and the Premier is more rough/deeper in weave.  The Premier once sprayed with glossy, really does sparkle where the Canson looked somewhat more of a matte finish.  Both are very bright white with the Canson maybe be a bit more so than the Premier.

Drawback was a noticed a bit more ink bleeding in the Premier due to the coarser surface weave, especially in sharp light-to-dark transition edge areas.  I noticed the same thing happening in the BC Silverado metallic canvas too (Don't like that paper at all due to head-strike from its edge-curl and ink bleeding.  Not that much of a canvas look either.  Okay, smell is awful too!).

I'd vote for a sample pack.

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up