Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 7.2.1 is out with Fuji X-T1 support  (Read 4526 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Capture One 7.2.1 is out with Fuji X-T1 support
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:19:56 am »

Phase One just release C1 7.2.1 which now has native support for the X-T1 and a few other cameras.  

:)

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Capture One 7.2.1 is out with Fuji X-T1 support
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

I have had a Fuji XT-1 since the first day it was available.  I have also been beta testing Capture One with this camera.  Once again I think Phase One has nailed it in regards to processing the RAW files for this camera.  This is not the same as the other Fuji X cameras.  I know they went in and did a lot of work on the algorithms for this camera.  I am very happy with the quality from the files from the XT-1.  I anxiously await (hopefully this week) to receive the 10-24 zoom.  I'll be making a report in a few weeks after a visit to San Diego on my experience using this camera for an extended time. 

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Petrus

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:44 pm »

I have had a Fuji XT-1 since the first day it was available.  I have also been beta testing Capture One with this camera.  Once again I think Phase One has nailed it in regards to processing the RAW files for this camera.  This is not the same as the other Fuji X cameras. 

I thought the RAW dataset is identical on all X-trans cameras, just that the camera model is stamped on the file metadata, and older converters do not recognize X-T1 for that reason, refusing to convert. There are hacks available which change X-T1 into X-E2 in metadata and even LR 5.3 convert the files happily...

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:09:21 pm »

I watched color get better with each beta version so I am not quite sure it is the same as the XE...

Bottom line is C1 handles the Xtrans very well.

Kevin
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Manoli

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:47 pm »

Once again I think Phase One has nailed it in regards to processing the RAW files for this camera.  

Good news, they had a lot of ground to make up compared to Iridient Developer and others

This is not the same as the other Fuji X cameras. I watched color get better with each beta version so I am not quite sure it is the same as the XE...

The X-E1 and X-PRO1 both have the X-Trans CMOS sensor (12-bit)
The X-E2 and the X-T1 both have the X-Trans CMOS II sensor (14-bit) with the EXR Processor II. Don't know about OOC jpeg's but as far as RAW is concerned they're the same sensor.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:30:32 pm by Manoli »

Brian Ripley

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 12:59:21 pm »

Kevin Raber says

'Bottom line is C1 handles the Xtrans very well.'

At least in the case of X-T1, it does for me.  This update is timely as I am about to leave for a photo holiday, and was expecting to have to use ACR 8.4 beta until C1 came along.

capital

• Website
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »

I was playing with a Xtrans .RAF file for the Xpro1 from the Imaging-Resource database in Lightroom 4.4. And it was not that great with some things (nothing new there), how does Capture 1 handle this file. I have no familiarity with the operation of Capture 1 so if someone might able to show if this file can shine I'd much appreciate it.

Here is the output I obtained from LR4.4 it has good separation of the wheat chaffs on the Pure Brew Lager bottle though falls apart on the green floral fabric swatch and some of the colored thread sets such as green, aqua, blue, pink and red:

http://tinyurl.com/n5f729v
Pages: [1]   Go Up